Bombers attacked both security and civilian targets today in three towns across Iraq. At least 317 people were killed, mostly militants. Another 145 were wounded, about half of them security members.
A suicide bomber attacked a checkpoint near Jurf al-Sakhar, where he killed at least 27 Shi’ite militiamen and wounded 60 more.
Shelling left seven dead and 14 wounded in Falluja.
A motorcycle bomb at a Tuz market killed two civilians and wounded 20 more.
In Mosul, militants executed a professor and his son.
Peshmerga fighters joined Syrian YPG troops at the Tel Kocher border crossing between Iraq and Syria. Many militants were killed, but no casualties were reported among the either of the Kurdish security forces.
Airstrikes in Khalidiya and al-Mlahma killed 41 militants.
Forty militants were killed in airstrikes in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
Security forces killed 23 militants in Ramadi.
An airstrike in Balad killed 21 militants.
Another 21 were killed in Baiji.
In Albu Diab, 18 militants were killed.
Eighteen militants were killed in airstrikes in Qayara and Shura.
Twelve militants were killed in an airstrike in Buaytha.
An airstrike in Zumer killed eight militants and wounded 20 more.
Two militants died and four were sickened after being served poisoned tea by a resident of Jalawla.
Unidentified gunmen killed three militants in Qaim.
Many militants were killed at the Kubaisa cement plant.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018