No major attacks were reported today; however, airstrikes against Islamic State militants continued. In one of those strikes, several policemen were accidentally killed. At least 65 people were killed and 13 more were wounded across the country.
In Baghdad, two dumped bodies were found.
A civilian was gunned down in Taji.
Mortars in Iskandariya wounded five volunteer fighters.
A bomb wounded two civilians in Abu Saida.
An airstrike killed 23 militants near Falluja.
Ten militants were killed and six were wounded during airstrikes in Balad Ruz.
Near Rutba, an airstrike killed nine militants.
Three militants were killed in the Hamrin area.
A roadside bomb in an agricultural area near Baquba killed a senior militant and his aide.
Airstrikes killed a number of militants in Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018
- Bomb Targets Election Candidate; Two Killed in Iraq – April 15th, 2018
- Kurdish Brothers Killed in Turkish Airstrike Among Four Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2018