No major attacks were reported today; however, airstrikes against Islamic State militants continued. In one of those strikes, several policemen were accidentally killed. At least 65 people were killed and 13 more were wounded across the country.
In Baghdad, two dumped bodies were found.
A civilian was gunned down in Taji.
Mortars in Iskandariya wounded five volunteer fighters.
A bomb wounded two civilians in Abu Saida.
An airstrike killed 23 militants near Falluja.
Ten militants were killed and six were wounded during airstrikes in Balad Ruz.
Near Rutba, an airstrike killed nine militants.
Three militants were killed in the Hamrin area.
A roadside bomb in an agricultural area near Baquba killed a senior militant and his aide.
Airstrikes killed a number of militants in Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018