No major attacks were reported today; however, airstrikes against Islamic State militants continued. In one of those strikes, several policemen were accidentally killed. At least 65 people were killed and 13 more were wounded across the country.
In Baghdad, two dumped bodies were found.
A civilian was gunned down in Taji.
Mortars in Iskandariya wounded five volunteer fighters.
A bomb wounded two civilians in Abu Saida.
An airstrike killed 23 militants near Falluja.
Ten militants were killed and six were wounded during airstrikes in Balad Ruz.
Near Rutba, an airstrike killed nine militants.
Three militants were killed in the Hamrin area.
A roadside bomb in an agricultural area near Baquba killed a senior militant and his aide.
Airstrikes killed a number of militants in Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Deploys More Troops to Kirkuk; 13 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2018
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018