No major attacks were reported today; however, airstrikes against Islamic State militants continued. In one of those strikes, several policemen were accidentally killed. At least 65 people were killed and 13 more were wounded across the country.
In Baghdad, two dumped bodies were found.
A civilian was gunned down in Taji.
Mortars in Iskandariya wounded five volunteer fighters.
A bomb wounded two civilians in Abu Saida.
An airstrike killed 23 militants near Falluja.
Ten militants were killed and six were wounded during airstrikes in Balad Ruz.
Near Rutba, an airstrike killed nine militants.
Three militants were killed in the Hamrin area.
A roadside bomb in an agricultural area near Baquba killed a senior militant and his aide.
Airstrikes killed a number of militants in Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018
- PKK Launch Rocket at Turkey; Six Killed in Iraq – January 14th, 2018