At least 54 people were killed today, only half of them were militants. The deadliest attacks were in Tal Kief and Baghdad, where a string of dead bodies was found. Another 19 people were wounded.
U.S. President Barack Obama deployed 350 more U.S. servicemembers to Baghdad. Although they will protect U.S. interests there, they are not considered combat troops.
Australia‘s first load of ammunition, including grenades and mortars, for Kurdish forces arrived in Arbil today. The delivery was arranged through Baghdad.
More than 100 relatives of missing Iraqi soldiers stormed the parliament building hoping to get answers. Two staff members were assaulted.
A U.S. airstrike accidentally killed seven family members in Tal Kief.
Shelling in Falluja killed three civilians and wounded 17 more.
In Baghdad, nine dumped bodies were found.
Several Peshmerga fighters were killed in clashes in Tuz.
Thirteen militants were killed in Hamidiya.
Artillery fire killed eight militants in Latifiya.
In Jurf al-Sakhar, airstrikes killed seven militants.
Dozens of militants were killed or wounded in Albu Bali, Hamra and Samra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Drops Bombs on ISIS in Syria; Five Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2018
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018
- Bomb Targets Election Candidate; Two Killed in Iraq – April 15th, 2018