At least 54 people were killed today, only half of them were militants. The deadliest attacks were in Tal Kief and Baghdad, where a string of dead bodies was found. Another 19 people were wounded.
U.S. President Barack Obama deployed 350 more U.S. servicemembers to Baghdad. Although they will protect U.S. interests there, they are not considered combat troops.
Australia‘s first load of ammunition, including grenades and mortars, for Kurdish forces arrived in Arbil today. The delivery was arranged through Baghdad.
More than 100 relatives of missing Iraqi soldiers stormed the parliament building hoping to get answers. Two staff members were assaulted.
A U.S. airstrike accidentally killed seven family members in Tal Kief.
Shelling in Falluja killed three civilians and wounded 17 more.
In Baghdad, nine dumped bodies were found.
Several Peshmerga fighters were killed in clashes in Tuz.
Thirteen militants were killed in Hamidiya.
Artillery fire killed eight militants in Latifiya.
In Jurf al-Sakhar, airstrikes killed seven militants.
Dozens of militants were killed or wounded in Albu Bali, Hamra and Samra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Deploys More Troops to Kirkuk; 13 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2018
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018