At least 54 people were killed today, only half of them were militants. The deadliest attacks were in Tal Kief and Baghdad, where a string of dead bodies was found. Another 19 people were wounded.
U.S. President Barack Obama deployed 350 more U.S. servicemembers to Baghdad. Although they will protect U.S. interests there, they are not considered combat troops.
Australia‘s first load of ammunition, including grenades and mortars, for Kurdish forces arrived in Arbil today. The delivery was arranged through Baghdad.
More than 100 relatives of missing Iraqi soldiers stormed the parliament building hoping to get answers. Two staff members were assaulted.
A U.S. airstrike accidentally killed seven family members in Tal Kief.
Shelling in Falluja killed three civilians and wounded 17 more.
In Baghdad, nine dumped bodies were found.
Several Peshmerga fighters were killed in clashes in Tuz.
Thirteen militants were killed in Hamidiya.
Artillery fire killed eight militants in Latifiya.
In Jurf al-Sakhar, airstrikes killed seven militants.
Dozens of militants were killed or wounded in Albu Bali, Hamra and Samra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018