At least 54 people were killed today, only half of them were militants. The deadliest attacks were in Tal Kief and Baghdad, where a string of dead bodies was found. Another 19 people were wounded.
U.S. President Barack Obama deployed 350 more U.S. servicemembers to Baghdad. Although they will protect U.S. interests there, they are not considered combat troops.
Australia‘s first load of ammunition, including grenades and mortars, for Kurdish forces arrived in Arbil today. The delivery was arranged through Baghdad.
More than 100 relatives of missing Iraqi soldiers stormed the parliament building hoping to get answers. Two staff members were assaulted.
A U.S. airstrike accidentally killed seven family members in Tal Kief.
Shelling in Falluja killed three civilians and wounded 17 more.
In Baghdad, nine dumped bodies were found.
Several Peshmerga fighters were killed in clashes in Tuz.
Thirteen militants were killed in Hamidiya.
Artillery fire killed eight militants in Latifiya.
In Jurf al-Sakhar, airstrikes killed seven militants.
Dozens of militants were killed or wounded in Albu Bali, Hamra and Samra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Operations near Hawija; 15 Killed in Iraq – January 22nd, 2018
- Clashes South of Mosul; 10 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2018
- Old ISIS Explosives Wound Children; 17 Killed in Iraq – January 19th, 2018
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018