Although the number of civilian casualties is low today, two of the intended targets were high profile Sunni politicians. At least 54 people were killed and 26 were wounded today across Iraq.
Near Falluja, militants wearing military uniforms attacked a convoy carrying Deputy Prime Minister Saleh al-Mutlaq and M.P. Talal al-Zobaie after the two, along with other officials, inspected a dam that had been damaged by the militants. One bodyguard was killed and five more were wounded in the attack. Also, Sunnis in Falluja feel "betrayed" by the Shi’ite government that appears to be adding to their troubles instead of liberating them from the militants. Seven militants were killed.
Eleven gunmen were killed in Malahema.
In Hamidhiya, two suicide bombers were killed.
At least 24 others were killed across Anbar.
In Mosul, a bomb killed one person and wounded six more on a minibus.
A roadside bomb killed one and wounded nine more in Halawa.
A roadside bomb outside a candidate’s home in Kirkuk wounded his wife and son when it exploded.
Gunmen killed a mokhtar of Arbeed village.
A policeman’s body was found in Riyadh.
Two gunmen were killed in a clash in Adhaim.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018