A spate of bombings occurred in Baghdad, apparently marking the 11th anniversary of the fall of Baghdad. Bombers also moved south into Wassit province. At least people 61 were killed and 197 more were wounded.
In Falluja, shelling killed nine people and wounded 23 more.
Air strikes killed three militants in Garma.
In Baghdad itself, a bomb killed one person and wounded 10 more in Shabb. Two civilians were killed and 25 more were wounded by a blast in Baghdad al-Jadida. In Kadhimiya, a bomb killed three people and wounded 12 more. Two people were killed and seven more were wounded in a double bombing on Saadoun Street. A bomb in Jadriya killed three people and wounded eight more. On Nidhal Street, a bomb killed four and wounded 11 more. One person was killed and seven more were wounded during a mortar attack in Sabi al-Boor. In Maamil, one person was killed and 12 more were wounded in a bombing.
In Sadr City, a bomb killed five people and wounded 11 more.
Three suicide bombers were killed in Meshahda.
A bomb near a school in Kut left five dead and 18 wounded.
Four people were killed and eight more were wounded by a blast in Hafriya.
In Numaniya, two bombs killed five people and wounded 17 more.
A car bomb in Aziziya wounded 14 people.
In Mosul, three policemen were wounded in a blast. Gunmen killed a school official. A roadside bomb killed one federal policeman and wounded three more.
Gunmen killed a doctor in Basra.
One policeman was killed and two more were wounded in a bombing in Shura.
Police in Kherbana killed a suicide bomber and his assistant.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017