A spate of bombings occurred in Baghdad, apparently marking the 11th anniversary of the fall of Baghdad. Bombers also moved south into Wassit province. At least people 61 were killed and 197 more were wounded.
In Falluja, shelling killed nine people and wounded 23 more.
Air strikes killed three militants in Garma.
In Baghdad itself, a bomb killed one person and wounded 10 more in Shabb. Two civilians were killed and 25 more were wounded by a blast in Baghdad al-Jadida. In Kadhimiya, a bomb killed three people and wounded 12 more. Two people were killed and seven more were wounded in a double bombing on Saadoun Street. A bomb in Jadriya killed three people and wounded eight more. On Nidhal Street, a bomb killed four and wounded 11 more. One person was killed and seven more were wounded during a mortar attack in Sabi al-Boor. In Maamil, one person was killed and 12 more were wounded in a bombing.
In Sadr City, a bomb killed five people and wounded 11 more.
Three suicide bombers were killed in Meshahda.
A bomb near a school in Kut left five dead and 18 wounded.
Four people were killed and eight more were wounded by a blast in Hafriya.
In Numaniya, two bombs killed five people and wounded 17 more.
A car bomb in Aziziya wounded 14 people.
In Mosul, three policemen were wounded in a blast. Gunmen killed a school official. A roadside bomb killed one federal policeman and wounded three more.
Gunmen killed a doctor in Basra.
One policeman was killed and two more were wounded in a bombing in Shura.
Police in Kherbana killed a suicide bomber and his assistant.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018