At least 72 people were killed and 82 more were wounded. The violence was heavy across Anbar today
A booby-trapped home in Garma was being searched when explosives were set off. Then, gunmen shot at soldiers who arrived at the blast site. At least 15 soldiers were killed and 24 more were wounded. Two more soldiers were killed when mortars struck a post.
Eleven militants were killed and 19 more were wounded during a clash near Khalidiya.
A bomb in Tarmiya killed three soldiers and wounded seven more.
In Baghdad, two soldiers were killed and two more were wounded in a blast in Arab Jabour. Six militants were killed.
Gunmen killed a colonel and three soldiers in Mahmoudiya.
One person was killed and three more were wounded when a bomb attached to a taxi exploded in Mussayab.
A bomb killed a soldier and wounded an officer and a soldier in Muqdadiya.
A roadside bomb in Shura killed one soldier and wounded two more.
Police killed a man trying to plant a bomb in Baiji.
In Jalawla, police shot dead a leader of the Naqshabandiya group.
Two soldiers were wounded in a blast in Naft Khana.
Gunmen ordered 20 families to move out of their homes in Jurf al-Sakhar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018