At least 56 people were killed and 55 more were wounded in scattered attacks across Iraq today. In one attack, an important bridge fell into the Euphrates, killing several people.
Seven people were killed and wounded 11 more were wounded when a suicide bomber blew up his explosives and demolished the al-Houz Bridge in Ramadi. This leaves only one bridge on the Euphrates River that can still be used by civilians. Two bridges are reserved for security forces, and two others were destroyed this year.
Two young people were killed after they were abducted in Qaim. Yesterday, a kidnapping victim from Qaim was found in Haditha, but it is unclear if he is related to this abduction.
Gunmen attacked an Aiyn al-Jahash checkpoint where they killed seven soldiers and wounded nine more.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed four people and wounded nine more at a Yusufiya market.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a doctor.
A roadside bomb killed a solider and wounded two civilians in Qayara.
Gunmen killed a man at a school in Arab Jabour.
Gunmen in Taji killed a civilian and wounded two more.
A roadside bomb in Shura killed two policemen and wounded an officer.
Security forces in Iskandariya killed a suicide car bomber and his passenger.
A suicide bomber was killed in Jbela last night and his bomb was safely defused.
Two militants were killed in the Hamrim region.
A militant leader died from injuries received during security operations in Buhriz.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018