At least 50 people were killed and 63 more were wounded, mostly in an ongoing battle in Anbar province.
Artillery fire and subsequent clashes killed three people and wounded 53 more in the Zoba region, which lies between Falluja and Amiriyat al-Falluja. Women and children were among the casualties. The shelling set off a night of clashes that left as many as 44 soldiers dead.
Clashes also took place in Garma and al-Siger, but the number of casualties was not released.
In Ramadi, clashes also occurred.
Two bridges were blown-up, but no casualties were reported.
Two gunmen were killed in Latifiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018