At least 50 people were killed and 63 more were wounded, mostly in an ongoing battle in Anbar province.
Artillery fire and subsequent clashes killed three people and wounded 53 more in the Zoba region, which lies between Falluja and Amiriyat al-Falluja. Women and children were among the casualties. The shelling set off a night of clashes that left as many as 44 soldiers dead.
Clashes also took place in Garma and al-Siger, but the number of casualties was not released.
In Ramadi, clashes also occurred.
Two bridges were blown-up, but no casualties were reported.
Two gunmen were killed in Latifiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018