At least 50 people were killed and 63 more were wounded, mostly in an ongoing battle in Anbar province.
Artillery fire and subsequent clashes killed three people and wounded 53 more in the Zoba region, which lies between Falluja and Amiriyat al-Falluja. Women and children were among the casualties. The shelling set off a night of clashes that left as many as 44 soldiers dead.
Clashes also took place in Garma and al-Siger, but the number of casualties was not released.
In Ramadi, clashes also occurred.
Two bridges were blown-up, but no casualties were reported.
Two gunmen were killed in Latifiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018