At least 98 people were killed and 34 more were wounded across Iraq. In Diyala province, security forces are trying to prevent militants from taking over Buhriz.
The province’s health department released the number of casualties they have, so far, logged during the three months of military activity in the province. They report that 336 people have been killed and 1,562 have been wounded.
In Buhriz, where militants are attempting to take over parts the city, security forces killed a militant leader who has been called a junior "Abu Musab al-Zarqawi." Three policemen were killed and three were wounded in security operations that also left three militants dead. Another 14 militants were reported killed separately.
A bomb in central Tikrit killed three people and wounded ten more. A sticky bomb wounded four members of a family, including two children, west of the city. Gunmen killed a civilian. A bomb killed a teenager. A bomb targeting police killed two of them and wounded two more.
A bomb in Yathrib killed three policemen and wounded a fourth one.
A roadside bomb killed two soldiers and wound a third one in Karrar.
A bomb wounded two civilians in Muqdadiya.
A sticky bomb killed a policeman in Samarra.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Basra.
In Mahaweel, gunmen wounded a journalist.
Ten militants were killed in a failed attempt on a headquarters near Riyadh.
Security forces killed five militants in Fadhiliya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Troops Still Chasing ISIS; 39 Killed in Iraq – December 17th, 2017
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017