At least 115 people were killed and 128 more were wounded in attacks and clashes today. A large number of people were killed or wounded during shelling in Falluja, and Baghdad saw a number of bombings agian.
In Ramadi, 12 gunmen were killed.
Ten gunmen were killed during operations in al-Soda and al-Sejer.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one civilian and wounded nine more at a Washash cafe. >Six people were wounded in a blast in Shabb. In Zayouna, one person was killed and two more were wounded in a blast. Three soldiers were killed by an I.E.D. in Arab Jabour. Eight militants were killed during a security operation.
In Jurf al-Sakhar, a roadside bomb targeting an army convoy killed three personnel and wounded four more. As many as nine more soldiers were wounded in blasts. Security forces killed five militants. Two gunmen were killed in a clash.
Gunmen killed two people in Taji.
One soldier was killed and two more were wounded when a roadside bomb blew up in Shura.
In Samarra, 11 people were killed and 11 more were wounded, several of them women and children, when bombs plated near policemen’s homes exploded. A bombing at an electoral center left one dead and four wounded. National elections are next month.
Gunmen killed a police officer and wounded two of his bodyguards in Muqdadiya.
A police colonel was assassinated in Qayara.
Gunmen attacked a Sahwa checkpoint in Kirkuk, where they wounded three members and two civilians.
Security forces killed 21 militants in the Hamrim Mountains over the last two weeks.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- HRW Calls on Baghdad to Admit to Holding Prisoners; 25 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2018
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018