Shelling and Bombings Kill 42, Wound 62 Across Iraq
The violence tapered off slightly today, the prayer day, but at least 42 people were still killed and 62 more wounded. Shelling in Falluja and a bombing at a market in the north left the most casualties.
In Anbar province:
Three policemen were killed and four more were wounded in Albu Dhiab.
In Garma, seven militants were killed.
Four people were killed and 18 more were wounded in Tuz Khormato when a bomb exploded at a market.
Gunmen in Saidiya killed a municipal official and another person.
A bomb in Mosul killed one soldier and wounded three civilians.
A dumped body was found in Nasariya.
Two suicide bombers were killed while attacking an election center in Baaj.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Bloodshed in Iraq: 82 Killed, 176 Wounded – March 6th, 2014
- 53 Killed, 106 Wounded As Noisy Celebrations Provide Cover for Iraq Attacks – March 5th, 2014
- Gunmen Attack Samarra Council; 42 Killed, 74 Wounded Across Iraq – March 4th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Continue: 97 Killed, 45 Wounded – March 3rd, 2014
- 131 Killed, 48 Wounded in Iraq, Including Scores of Militants – March 2nd, 2014