The violence tapered off slightly today, the prayer day, but at least 42 people were still killed and 62 more wounded. Shelling in Falluja and a bombing at a market in the north left the most casualties.
In Anbar province:
Three policemen were killed and four more were wounded in Albu Dhiab.
In Garma, seven militants were killed.
Four people were killed and 18 more were wounded in Tuz Khormato when a bomb exploded at a market.
Gunmen in Saidiya killed a municipal official and another person.
A bomb in Mosul killed one soldier and wounded three civilians.
A dumped body was found in Nasariya.
Two suicide bombers were killed while attacking an election center in Baaj.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018
- Yazidi Man Among 19 Killed in Iraq – July 10th, 2018