Shelling and Bombings Kill 42, Wound 62 Across Iraq
The violence tapered off slightly today, the prayer day, but at least 42 people were still killed and 62 more wounded. Shelling in Falluja and a bombing at a market in the north left the most casualties.
In Anbar province:
Three policemen were killed and four more were wounded in Albu Dhiab.
In Garma, seven militants were killed.
Four people were killed and 18 more were wounded in Tuz Khormato when a bomb exploded at a market.
Gunmen in Saidiya killed a municipal official and another person.
A bomb in Mosul killed one soldier and wounded three civilians.
A dumped body was found in Nasariya.
Two suicide bombers were killed while attacking an election center in Baaj.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Uniformed Gunmen Attack Polling Center in Iraq; 29 Killed, 61 Wounded – April 22nd, 2014
- Bombers, Clashes Leave 105 Dead, 127 Hurt Across Iraq – April 21st, 2014
- 79 Killed, 112 Wounded As Iraq Militants Attack Religious College – April 20th, 2014
- Iraq Candidates Targeted; 69 Killed 73 Wounded – April 19th, 2014
- Militants Launch Takeover of Iraq Town; 35 Killed, 53 Wounded – April 18th, 2014