The violence tapered off slightly today, the prayer day, but at least 42 people were still killed and 62 more wounded. Shelling in Falluja and a bombing at a market in the north left the most casualties.
In Anbar province:
Three policemen were killed and four more were wounded in Albu Dhiab.
In Garma, seven militants were killed.
Four people were killed and 18 more were wounded in Tuz Khormato when a bomb exploded at a market.
Gunmen in Saidiya killed a municipal official and another person.
A bomb in Mosul killed one soldier and wounded three civilians.
A dumped body was found in Nasariya.
Two suicide bombers were killed while attacking an election center in Baaj.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017
- Kurdish Refugee Camp Bombed; 18 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2017