The violence tapered off slightly today, the prayer day, but at least 42 people were still killed and 62 more wounded. Shelling in Falluja and a bombing at a market in the north left the most casualties.
In Anbar province:
Three policemen were killed and four more were wounded in Albu Dhiab.
In Garma, seven militants were killed.
Four people were killed and 18 more were wounded in Tuz Khormato when a bomb exploded at a market.
Gunmen in Saidiya killed a municipal official and another person.
A bomb in Mosul killed one soldier and wounded three civilians.
A dumped body was found in Nasariya.
Two suicide bombers were killed while attacking an election center in Baaj.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018