At least 97 people were killed, and 45 others were wounded across Iraq today. The number of militants killed was, at 82 dead, remarkably high again; however, that figure cannot be independently confirmed.
In Ramadi, 52 militants were killed during operations today or yesterday. A suicide attack occurred, but the number of casualties was not released. Two militants were killed and three soldiers were wounded in a clash.
A bomb killed a shop owner in Hit.
Security forces in al-Siger and al-Azrakiya killed 15 militants.
A bomb killed two people and wounded six more in Hawija.
A bomb in al-Hay al-Askari wounded 20 people.
A policeman was killed and a civilian was wounded in a small arms attack in Abu Ghraib.
A bomb killed a civilian in Muqdadiya.
A policeman and a civilian were killed in an attack in the Hamrim Mountains.
In Latifiya, an al-Qaeda leader was killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018