At least 97 people were killed, and 45 others were wounded across Iraq today. The number of militants killed was, at 82 dead, remarkably high again; however, that figure cannot be independently confirmed.
In Ramadi, 52 militants were killed during operations today or yesterday. A suicide attack occurred, but the number of casualties was not released. Two militants were killed and three soldiers were wounded in a clash.
A bomb killed a shop owner in Hit.
Security forces in al-Siger and al-Azrakiya killed 15 militants.
A bomb killed two people and wounded six more in Hawija.
A bomb in al-Hay al-Askari wounded 20 people.
A policeman was killed and a civilian was wounded in a small arms attack in Abu Ghraib.
A bomb killed a civilian in Muqdadiya.
A policeman and a civilian were killed in an attack in the Hamrim Mountains.
In Latifiya, an al-Qaeda leader was killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018