Bombers Return to Baghdad; 87 Killed 122 Wounded, Across Iraq
At least 87 people were killed and 122 more were wounded as bombs once again took a heavy toll in and around Baghdad.
Snipers in Falluja killed a civilian.
Seven militants were killed in Garma.Further west in Anbar, four gunmen were killed near the Syrian border.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed four people and wounded 13 more in the Shabb neighborhood. Three soldiers were killed and three more were wounded in a suicide attack on a checkpoint.
Two people were killed and 18 more were wounded in a bombing at a fish restaurant in Tuz Khormato.
A bomb killed two Sahwa and wounded four more in Shurqat.
A civilian was shot dead in Muqdadiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 66 Killed across Iraq as U.S. Carpetbombs Tikrit – March 28th, 2015
- Militias Return to Fighting; 142 Killed in Iraq – March 27th, 2015
- Militias Pushed Out of Tikrit Battle; 209 Killed in Iraq – March 26th, 2015
- 109 Killed across Iraq as U.S. Begins Airstrikes in Tikrit – March 25th, 2015
- U.S. Begins Flights over Tikrit, as 105 Are Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2015