Bombers Return to Baghdad; 87 Killed 122 Wounded, Across Iraq
At least 87 people were killed and 122 more were wounded as bombs once again took a heavy toll in and around Baghdad.
Snipers in Falluja killed a civilian.
Seven militants were killed in Garma.Further west in Anbar, four gunmen were killed near the Syrian border.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed four people and wounded 13 more in the Shabb neighborhood. Three soldiers were killed and three more were wounded in a suicide attack on a checkpoint.
Two people were killed and 18 more were wounded in a bombing at a fish restaurant in Tuz Khormato.
A bomb killed two Sahwa and wounded four more in Shurqat.
A civilian was shot dead in Muqdadiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Security Forces Cooperate and Free Bashir; 165 Killed in Iraq – May 2nd, 2016
- 4,609 Killed in Iraq During April – May 1st, 2016
- 80 Killed in Iraq; Bombers Strike in Baghdad – April 30th, 2016
- Suicide Attack on Forces in Anbar; 195 Killed in Iraq – April 29th, 2016
- Biden Visits Baghdad; 107 Killed in Iraq – April 28th, 2016