At least 67 people were killed and 36 more were wounded in today’s violence. Many of the dead were militants; however not all of them were killed in Anbar province. Also, Turkish security forces and Kurdish rebels traded fire across the border, but no casualties were reported.
Shelling in Ramadi killed one policeman and wounded three other people. At least three more civilians were wounded during shelling. A suicide attack harmed a number of people.
In Khalidiya, two security members were killed and three more were wounded during clashes.
Ten militants were killed and 18 more were wounded during operations in Garma. Several are foreigners.
In Mosul, two bombs targeting the governor of Ninewa province, Atheel al-Nujaifi, injured two provincial councilmen instead. Nujaifi is Parliament Speaker Osama al-Nujaifi’s brother. A bodyguard was also wounded.
Eleven militants were killed in an attack on an army position in Nineva province where Mosul is located. Three civilians and two army officers were killed in attacks. Two gunmen were killed during an attack.
Gunmen killed a clergyman in Tikrit.
A sticky bomb in Taji killed one person.
Gunmen killed a government employee in al-Jbenet.
In Muqdadiya, gunmen killed a policeman.
A roadside bomb killed a civilian in Tuz Khormato.
The body of a kidnapping victim was found in Tarmiya.
In Dibs, a blindfolded, handcuffed body was found, bearing gunshot wounds to the head.
Mortar fire in Shirqat wounded three policemen.
Nine militants were killed during operations in Imam Weis.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018
- Troops Deployed to Turkish Border; 20 Killed in Iraq – September 16th, 2018