At least 96 people were killed across Iraq today, while another 95 were wounded. The military broke its self-imposed truce in Falluja.
In the northern village of Ghazil, gunmen attacked a group of policemen protecting oil pipelines. The ensuing clashes lasted over an hour and left 26 policemen dead and another 10 wounded.
A sticky bomb in Haditha wounded a councilman and two bodyguards.
Twelve militants were killed south of Baghdad in Jurf al-Sakhar.
A bomb near bicycle shops in Sadr City left six dead and 21 wounded.
One person was killed and three more were wounded in a drive-by shooting in Tarmiya.
A roadside bomb near Shirqat killed one person and wounded four more.
A blast in Tuz Khormato wounded four people.
A bomb wounded a policeman in Madaen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017