At least 96 people were killed across Iraq today, while another 95 were wounded. The military broke its self-imposed truce in Falluja.
In the northern village of Ghazil, gunmen attacked a group of policemen protecting oil pipelines. The ensuing clashes lasted over an hour and left 26 policemen dead and another 10 wounded.
A sticky bomb in Haditha wounded a councilman and two bodyguards.
Twelve militants were killed south of Baghdad in Jurf al-Sakhar.
A bomb near bicycle shops in Sadr City left six dead and 21 wounded.
One person was killed and three more were wounded in a drive-by shooting in Tarmiya.
A roadside bomb near Shirqat killed one person and wounded four more.
A blast in Tuz Khormato wounded four people.
A bomb wounded a policeman in Madaen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018