At least 96 people were killed across Iraq today, while another 95 were wounded. The military broke its self-imposed truce in Falluja.
In the northern village of Ghazil, gunmen attacked a group of policemen protecting oil pipelines. The ensuing clashes lasted over an hour and left 26 policemen dead and another 10 wounded.
A sticky bomb in Haditha wounded a councilman and two bodyguards.
Twelve militants were killed south of Baghdad in Jurf al-Sakhar.
A bomb near bicycle shops in Sadr City left six dead and 21 wounded.
One person was killed and three more were wounded in a drive-by shooting in Tarmiya.
A roadside bomb near Shirqat killed one person and wounded four more.
A blast in Tuz Khormato wounded four people.
A bomb wounded a policeman in Madaen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018