At least 96 people were killed across Iraq today, while another 95 were wounded. The military broke its self-imposed truce in Falluja.
In the northern village of Ghazil, gunmen attacked a group of policemen protecting oil pipelines. The ensuing clashes lasted over an hour and left 26 policemen dead and another 10 wounded.
A sticky bomb in Haditha wounded a councilman and two bodyguards.
Twelve militants were killed south of Baghdad in Jurf al-Sakhar.
A bomb near bicycle shops in Sadr City left six dead and 21 wounded.
One person was killed and three more were wounded in a drive-by shooting in Tarmiya.
A roadside bomb near Shirqat killed one person and wounded four more.
A blast in Tuz Khormato wounded four people.
A bomb wounded a policeman in Madaen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018