At least 20 people were killed, and another 97 were wounded in today’s attacks. Also, an unknown number of women are being abused, raped, or tortured while in detention within Iraq’s penal system. Some of them are being held illegally.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded seven more in Jamila. Two bombs in Karrada wounded 11 people. A car bomb in Shabb wounded three people, while a bomb in Camp Sara wounded four more. Another bomb wounded six people in Hurriya. One person was killed and seven more were wounded in Batool. Six people were wounded in a blast in Kadhimiya. Two people were wounded in a bombing in Tayran Square.
An attack on a prison near Mosul in Badush left one guard dead and 14 others wounded.
In Jurf al-Sakhar, three gunmen were killed.
A bomb in Khalis killed one and wounded nine people.
A gunman was killed in a clash in Tikrit.
Three family members were wounded in a roadside blast in Buhriz.
Two truck drivers were kidnapped in Ain al-Gahash.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018