At least 20 people were killed, and another 97 were wounded in today’s attacks. Also, an unknown number of women are being abused, raped, or tortured while in detention within Iraq’s penal system. Some of them are being held illegally.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded seven more in Jamila. Two bombs in Karrada wounded 11 people. A car bomb in Shabb wounded three people, while a bomb in Camp Sara wounded four more. Another bomb wounded six people in Hurriya. One person was killed and seven more were wounded in Batool. Six people were wounded in a blast in Kadhimiya. Two people were wounded in a bombing in Tayran Square.
An attack on a prison near Mosul in Badush left one guard dead and 14 others wounded.
In Jurf al-Sakhar, three gunmen were killed.
A bomb in Khalis killed one and wounded nine people.
A gunman was killed in a clash in Tikrit.
Three family members were wounded in a roadside blast in Buhriz.
Two truck drivers were kidnapped in Ain al-Gahash.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017