At least 49 people were killed, and another 94 were wounded in attacks around Iraq, but mostly in the greater Baghdad region. The Iraqi government also reported the deaths of 57 militants in Anbar province.
Iraqi troops and tribesmen killed 57 militants on the outskirts of Ramadi. As with most of the casualty figures coming from Anbar province in recent weeks, today’s toll was not independently verified.
In Baghdad, four dumped bodies were found. A car bomb killed six people and wounded 14 more in Abu Dsheer; a second bomb wounded six more. A sticky bomb killed a policeman and wounded another on Palestine Street. A car bomb in Sadr City killed one person and wounded four. A car bomb in Hurriya left four dead and 11 wounded. A civilian was killed and another was wounded in separate shooting attacks. Three people were killed and nine more were wounded in a blast in Baladiyat. A grenade wounded two people in Adhamiya.
Two bombs in Mahmoudiya left nine dead and 27 wounded.
A suicide bomber killed two soldiers and wounded six more at a checkpoint in Meshahda.
A roadside bomb in Qayara left three dead when it exploded.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Muqdadiya.
A car bomb in Taj al-Din wounded three people.
Three soldiers were wounded in small arms attacks on checkpoint near Baquba.
A militant emir and four assistants were killed in clashes on the border between Diyala and Salah ad Din provinces.
Three people were wounded in attacks in Kirkuk province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018