A bold attack on Iranians working on a gas pipeline in Diyala province helped drive today’s casualty figures up to at least 46 dead and 56 wounded.
Fifteen Iranians and three Iraqis were shot dead as they were working on an extending a gas pipeline through the Muqdadiya area. Another five Iranians were wounded along with three Iraqis. Three gunmen climbed out of their cars to assault the group of workers.
In Baghdad, a car bomb killed five people and wounded 14 more in Nahrawan. A two guards and a prisoner were killed during a jailbreak and recovery operation. Gunmen killed two people in Ghazaliya. A woman was shot dead in her home.
Gunmen attacked a policeman’s home in Falluja where they killed one policeman and wounded three others, including a civilian.
A drive-by shooting on a checkpoint in Hamdaniya left a police captain dead and a policeman wounded.
An unidentified body bearing gunshot wounds was found in Tikrit.
In Baiji, gunmen killed a police officer.
Gunmen wounded a Sahwa member in Shirqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018