At least 61 people were killed and 214 more were wounded in fresh violence around the country. The Baghdad region experienced the most bombings.
In Baghdad, six people were killed and 19 more were wounded during a morning bombing at a market in the Amil district. Then a bomb exploded among car repair shops in Bayaa, leaving seven dead and 20 wounded. Two people were killed and eight more were wounded during a blast in Radwaniya. Five people were killed and 18 more were wounded in Alam. A bomb in Talbiya killed one person and wounded five more. A bomb at a market in Jamila left three dead and 16 wounded. A bomb near a tax office in Ghadeer killed six and wounded 22 more. A bomb in Sabaa al-Boor left four dead and 11 wounded. One person was killed and nine more were wounded in Maamil. Two people were killed in Amin and at least eight more were wounded. A bomb in Husseiniya killed three people and wounded 13 more. Four people were killed and 16 more were wounded in Karrada.
Three people were killed and 15 more were wounded in a Sadr City bombing.
Four people were killed and dozens more were wounded when a bomb exploded in Taji.
A sticky bomb in Madaen killed an officer.
A bomb in Jadidat al-Shat left one dead and six wounded.
One policeman was killed and another was wounded during an attack on a Garma police station.
A suicide bomber killed himself during a clash in Ramadi.
A roadside bomb in Shirqat injured a policeman.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018