24 Killed, 84 Wounded in Iraq Bombings Targeting Worshippers, Shoppers
In Baghdad, two bombs planted near a mosque left five dead and 15 wounded in Safarart.
A landmine planted in the middle of an agricultural road in Sinjar killed two soldiers and wounded two more.
Two policemen were killed and two more were wounded when gunmen shot up a Falluja checkpoint.
In Garma, a sticky bomb killed a Sahwa member and wounded a civilian.
Gunmen killed a civilian and wounded a soldier in separate attacks in Baquba.
A sticky bomb wounded a policeman in Samarra.
In Kirkuk, a policeman’s son was wounded when a number of I.E.D.s exploded. The bullet-ridded body of al-Qaeda leader was found in a deserted home.
During a search in Ramadi, one gunmen was wounded after a clash with security.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shi’ite Militias Reject PM Ministry Picks; 67 Killed Across Iraq – September 16th, 2014
- As Diplomats Discuss Iraq, 86 Are Killed across Country – September 15th, 2014
- Falluja Hospital Bombed Again As 42 Killed Across Iraq – September 14th, 2014
- Iraq PM Promises No More Airstrikes on Civilians; 63 Killed, 22 Wounded – September 13th, 2014
- 28 Killed, 56 Wounded in Bombings and Airstrikes Across Iraq – September 12th, 2014