24 Killed, 84 Wounded in Iraq Bombings Targeting Worshippers, Shoppers
In Baghdad, two bombs planted near a mosque left five dead and 15 wounded in Safarart.
A landmine planted in the middle of an agricultural road in Sinjar killed two soldiers and wounded two more.
Two policemen were killed and two more were wounded when gunmen shot up a Falluja checkpoint.
In Garma, a sticky bomb killed a Sahwa member and wounded a civilian.
Gunmen killed a civilian and wounded a soldier in separate attacks in Baquba.
A sticky bomb wounded a policeman in Samarra.
In Kirkuk, a policeman’s son was wounded when a number of I.E.D.s exploded. The bullet-ridded body of al-Qaeda leader was found in a deserted home.
During a search in Ramadi, one gunmen was wounded after a clash with security.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 49 Killed in Iraq; Militants Execute Deserters – October 6th, 2015
- Bombers Strike across Iraq; 191 Killed, 116 Wounded – October 5th, 2015
- Cholera Spreads in Iraq; 72 Killed in Battles – October 4th, 2015
- 89 Killed in Iraq as Bombers Strike near Baghdad Shrine – October 3rd, 2015
- 36 Killed in Iraq; Embedded Journalist Wounded – October 2nd, 2015