24 Killed, 84 Wounded in Iraq Bombings Targeting Worshippers, Shoppers
In Baghdad, two bombs planted near a mosque left five dead and 15 wounded in Safarart.
A landmine planted in the middle of an agricultural road in Sinjar killed two soldiers and wounded two more.
Two policemen were killed and two more were wounded when gunmen shot up a Falluja checkpoint.
In Garma, a sticky bomb killed a Sahwa member and wounded a civilian.
Gunmen killed a civilian and wounded a soldier in separate attacks in Baquba.
A sticky bomb wounded a policeman in Samarra.
In Kirkuk, a policeman’s son was wounded when a number of I.E.D.s exploded. The bullet-ridded body of al-Qaeda leader was found in a deserted home.
During a search in Ramadi, one gunmen was wounded after a clash with security.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iran’s Support For Maliki Dwindles As Over 200 Are Killed in Iraq – July 23rd, 2014
- 288 Slain As Maliki Urges Sunni Tribes To Fight For Iraq Government – July 22nd, 2014
- 257 Killed Across Iraq, Mostly In Security Ops – July 21st, 2014
- 131 Killed In Iraq As Deadline Passes for Christians To Leave Mosul – July 20th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad: 50 Killed, 92 Wounded – July 19th, 2014