At least 21 people were killed and 59 more were wounded in fresh violence. The worst attacks took place near two Baghdad mosques.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed a civilian and wounded five more. When first responders arrived at the bombing site, a second blast killed a soldier and wounded three more; at least one more person was wounded. A separate bombing left three policemen dead and three civilians wounded.
A truck bomb at an intersection in Qayara killed a police colonel and wounded seven more.
A bomb in Taji left one soldier dead and three more wounded.
Gunmen killed a senior police officer who was visiting relatives in Zab.
One gunman was killed and four more were wounded during an attack on a checkpoint in Iskandariya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Old ISIS Explosives Wound Children; 17 Killed in Iraq – January 19th, 2018
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018