At least 21 people were killed and 59 more were wounded in fresh violence. The worst attacks took place near two Baghdad mosques.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed a civilian and wounded five more. When first responders arrived at the bombing site, a second blast killed a soldier and wounded three more; at least one more person was wounded. A separate bombing left three policemen dead and three civilians wounded.
A truck bomb at an intersection in Qayara killed a police colonel and wounded seven more.
A bomb in Taji left one soldier dead and three more wounded.
Gunmen killed a senior police officer who was visiting relatives in Zab.
One gunman was killed and four more were wounded during an attack on a checkpoint in Iskandariya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018