At least 21 people were killed and 59 more were wounded in fresh violence. The worst attacks took place near two Baghdad mosques.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed a civilian and wounded five more. When first responders arrived at the bombing site, a second blast killed a soldier and wounded three more; at least one more person was wounded. A separate bombing left three policemen dead and three civilians wounded.
A truck bomb at an intersection in Qayara killed a police colonel and wounded seven more.
A bomb in Taji left one soldier dead and three more wounded.
Gunmen killed a senior police officer who was visiting relatives in Zab.
One gunman was killed and four more were wounded during an attack on a checkpoint in Iskandariya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018