Members of the Shabak ethnic minority group were killed in two separate incidents in northern Iraq. Across the country at least 46 Iraqis were killed and 67 more were wounded.
Three people were killed and five more were wounded in a roadside blast in Zaidan.
A roadside bomb in Badush left two soldiers dead and a third one wounded.
A clash near Tikrit left one gunman dead and two others wounded.
One gunman was killed and another was wounded during a clash in Ishaqi.
In Tuz Khormato, security forces liberated a woman and her seven children from kidnappers who abducted them from Balad Ruz hours earlier.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurds Begin Return Home to Kirkuk; Eight Killed in Iraq – October 17th, 2017
- Kurds Flee as Baghdad Captures Kirkuk; 60 Killed, 133 Wounded – October 16th, 2017
- Iraq Forgets ISIS, Moves Against Kirkuk; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2017
- Shots Fired Between Kurdish Peshmerga and Shi’ite Militia; 50 Killed in Iraq – October 14th, 2017
- Kurds Withdraw from Turkmen Towns; 14 Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2017