Members of the Shabak ethnic minority group were killed in two separate incidents in northern Iraq. Across the country at least 46 Iraqis were killed and 67 more were wounded.
Three people were killed and five more were wounded in a roadside blast in Zaidan.
A roadside bomb in Badush left two soldiers dead and a third one wounded.
A clash near Tikrit left one gunman dead and two others wounded.
One gunman was killed and another was wounded during a clash in Ishaqi.
In Tuz Khormato, security forces liberated a woman and her seven children from kidnappers who abducted them from Balad Ruz hours earlier.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Scattered Attacks Continue in Kirkuk, Diyala; 27 Killed in Iraq – May 24th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Baghdad; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 23rd, 2018
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018