Members of the Shabak ethnic minority group were killed in two separate incidents in northern Iraq. Across the country at least 46 Iraqis were killed and 67 more were wounded.
Three people were killed and five more were wounded in a roadside blast in Zaidan.
A roadside bomb in Badush left two soldiers dead and a third one wounded.
A clash near Tikrit left one gunman dead and two others wounded.
One gunman was killed and another was wounded during a clash in Ishaqi.
In Tuz Khormato, security forces liberated a woman and her seven children from kidnappers who abducted them from Balad Ruz hours earlier.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Donkey Bomb Kills Militants; 50 Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2017
- Several ISIS Attacks Against Security Personnel; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2017
- Airstrikes Push Refugees out of Tal Afar; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2017
- New Camp Speicher Mass Grave Found; 31 Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2017
- Two US Service Members Among 59 Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2017