57 Iraqis Killed, 78 Wounded As Bombers Move East into Diyala province
Bombers returned to Diyala province where they attacked mosques in the Adhaim and Qara Tapa areas. More bombings and clashes took place elsewhere. At least 57 were killed and 78 more were wounded.
Two bombs at a Sunni mosque in Adhaim left 32 dead and about 43 wounded, including many children. The first blast targeted worshippers as they left the building. The second explosion occurred minutes later to kill those gathering to help the earlier blast victims. Shi’ite worshippers may have also attended the services. A separate bomb at a market wounded four people.
Six people were killed, including four children during a home invasion in Qadisiya.
A bomb killed one person and wounded five more in Qara Tapa.
A car bomber was killed at a checkpoint near Baghdad.
A mosque preacher was shot dead in Hadid.
Four bodyguards were wounded during a bombing attempt on an Anbar province official in Falluja.
A sticky bomb planted on a civilian’s car in Ramadi wounded a policeman who was nearby when it exploded.
A clash in the Hamrim Mountains left an unknown number of casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Demonstrator among 117 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2015
- Mortar Attack on Baquba; 131 Killed across Iraq – October 8th, 2015
- Dozens Executed in Mosul, 86 Killed across Iraq – October 7th, 2015
- 49 Killed in Iraq; Militants Execute Deserters – October 6th, 2015
- Bombers Strike across Iraq; 191 Killed, 116 Wounded – October 5th, 2015