57 Iraqis Killed, 78 Wounded As Bombers Move East into Diyala province
Bombers returned to Diyala province where they attacked mosques in the Adhaim and Qara Tapa areas. More bombings and clashes took place elsewhere. At least 57 were killed and 78 more were wounded.
Two bombs at a Sunni mosque in Adhaim left 32 dead and about 43 wounded, including many children. The first blast targeted worshippers as they left the building. The second explosion occurred minutes later to kill those gathering to help the earlier blast victims. Shi’ite worshippers may have also attended the services. A separate bomb at a market wounded four people.
Six people were killed, including four children during a home invasion in Qadisiya.
A bomb killed one person and wounded five more in Qara Tapa.
A car bomber was killed at a checkpoint near Baghdad.
A mosque preacher was shot dead in Hadid.
Four bodyguards were wounded during a bombing attempt on an Anbar province official in Falluja.
A sticky bomb planted on a civilian’s car in Ramadi wounded a policeman who was nearby when it exploded.
A clash in the Hamrim Mountains left an unknown number of casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 104 Killed in Iraq; Drone Strike Kills Family – May 13th, 2015
- Bombers Target Shi’ite Pilgrims; 137 Killed across Iraq – May 12th, 2015
- Sunni Leaders Complain of Lack of Power as 55 Are Killed across Iraq – May 11th, 2015
- Battles Ramp up in the Mountains North of Baghdad; 250 Killed across Iraq – May 10th, 2015
- Jailbreaks, Bombings, Executions Leave 159 Killed in Iraq – May 9th, 2015