Baghdad Bombings Push Casualties to 66 Killed, 77 Wounded
Baghdad was the scene of a significant bombing at a Shi’ite mosque. Meanwhile, gunmen terrorized Mosul. At least 66 people were killed and 77 more were wounded in these and other attacks.
In Baghdad, a suicide bomber killed 35 people and wounded 52 more after evening prayers at the Temimi Mosque in the Kasra neighborhood; a second suicide bomber was stabbed to death by angry civilians, while a car bomb exploded too. A separate bomb attack in Zaafaraniya left 10 wounded. Another person was killed in one more blast. Two kidnapping victims were rescued.
Three policemen were killed and four more were wounded during a small arms attack at a Buhriz checkpoint.
A pair of bombs at two homes in Muqdadiya killed one child and wounded four others.
A Sunni Endowment official and his wife were killed in a roadside bombing in Kanaan.
Gunmen killed a Sunni imam near his mosque in Abu al-Khasib.
Near the Syrian border at Qaim, a bomb killed four border guards and wounded two more.
In Baiji, a gunman was killed and another was wounded as they loaded explosives into a car.
A port employee was shot to death in Basra.
In Madaen, a roadside bomb killed a police colonel.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Target Security Personnel Across Iraq; 67 Killed, 98 Wounded – December 3rd, 2013
- Family of Six Among 15 Killed, 31 Wounded Across Iraq – December 2nd, 2013
- 46 Killed, 70 Wounded Across Iraq; Bomber Attacks Sahwa Funeral – December 1st, 2013
- 20 Killed, 28 Wounded in Scattered Attacks Across Iraq – November 30th, 2013
- 52 Killed, 30 Wounded As Dumped Bodies Are Recovered Across Iraq – November 29th, 2013