Baghdad Bombings Push Casualties to 66 Killed, 77 Wounded
Baghdad was the scene of a significant bombing at a Shi’ite mosque. Meanwhile, gunmen terrorized Mosul. At least 66 people were killed and 77 more were wounded in these and other attacks.
In Baghdad, a suicide bomber killed 35 people and wounded 52 more after evening prayers at the Temimi Mosque in the Kasra neighborhood; a second suicide bomber was stabbed to death by angry civilians, while a car bomb exploded too. A separate bomb attack in Zaafaraniya left 10 wounded. Another person was killed in one more blast. Two kidnapping victims were rescued.
Three policemen were killed and four more were wounded during a small arms attack at a Buhriz checkpoint.
A pair of bombs at two homes in Muqdadiya killed one child and wounded four others.
A Sunni Endowment official and his wife were killed in a roadside bombing in Kanaan.
Gunmen killed a Sunni imam near his mosque in Abu al-Khasib.
Near the Syrian border at Qaim, a bomb killed four border guards and wounded two more.
In Baiji, a gunman was killed and another was wounded as they loaded explosives into a car.
A port employee was shot to death in Basra.
In Madaen, a roadside bomb killed a police colonel.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 146 Are Killed in Battles and Bombings Across Iraq – October 19th, 2014
- New Iraq Ministers Selected, As 294 Are Killed – October 18th, 2014
- No Halt in Baghdad Bombings; 142 Killed, 122 Wounded Across Iraq – October 17th, 2014
- As Bombers Strike Baghdad, Bodies Pile-up in Tikrit; 121 Killed, 157 Wounded – October 16th, 2014
- 140 Killed Across Iraq, Mostly in Airstrikes – October 15th, 2014