The violence shifted back east into Diyala province where several bombings targeted civilians. Another family was killed south of the capital where gunmen have taken up storming homes. At least 36 people were killed and 69 more were wounded.
Six people were killed in Yusifiya when gunmen stormed their home as they were ritually preparing a body for burial.
In Baquba, a bomb killed five people and wounded 13 more at a marketplace.
Three people were killed and five more were wounded in blast at a marketplace in Khalis.
A bomb near a Latifiya cafe left four dead and 14 wounded.
In Baghdad, a blast at a Nahrawan soccer field left three dead and 14 wounded.
Three dumped bodies were found in northern Iraq.
Near Balad, five bodyguards were wounded in an assassination attempt on Salah ad Din’s governor.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018