The violence shifted back east into Diyala province where several bombings targeted civilians. Another family was killed south of the capital where gunmen have taken up storming homes. At least 36 people were killed and 69 more were wounded.
Six people were killed in Yusifiya when gunmen stormed their home as they were ritually preparing a body for burial.
In Baquba, a bomb killed five people and wounded 13 more at a marketplace.
Three people were killed and five more were wounded in blast at a marketplace in Khalis.
A bomb near a Latifiya cafe left four dead and 14 wounded.
In Baghdad, a blast at a Nahrawan soccer field left three dead and 14 wounded.
Three dumped bodies were found in northern Iraq.
Near Balad, five bodyguards were wounded in an assassination attempt on Salah ad Din’s governor.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Many Casualties in Mosul Attacks; 151 Killed in Iraq – June 23rd, 2017
- Teenagers Blown-up by Old Landmine; 46 Killed in Iraq – June 22nd, 2017
- Great Mosque Destroyed in Mosul; 91 Killed in Iraq – June 21st, 2017
- Chemical Weapons Report in Mosul; 84 Killed in Iraq – June 20th, 2017
- 92 Killed in Iraq, Including French and Kurdish Journalists – June 19th, 2017