The violence shifted back east into Diyala province where several bombings targeted civilians. Another family was killed south of the capital where gunmen have taken up storming homes. At least 36 people were killed and 69 more were wounded.
Six people were killed in Yusifiya when gunmen stormed their home as they were ritually preparing a body for burial.
In Baquba, a bomb killed five people and wounded 13 more at a marketplace.
Three people were killed and five more were wounded in blast at a marketplace in Khalis.
A bomb near a Latifiya cafe left four dead and 14 wounded.
In Baghdad, a blast at a Nahrawan soccer field left three dead and 14 wounded.
Three dumped bodies were found in northern Iraq.
Near Balad, five bodyguards were wounded in an assassination attempt on Salah ad Din’s governor.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017