Insurgents turned their attention back on Baghdad where several bombings took place. The worst attack targeted children and woman at a neighborhood park. Overall, at least 45 people were killed and 75 were wounded across the country.
In Baghdad, a suicide bomber attacked a Qahira park filled with women and children, where he killed 28 people and wounded at least 53 more. Two people were killed and five more were wounded in a blast near a Jihad mosque. A blast left one dead and five wounded in Adhamiya. Later in Adhamiya, four men were shot dead. In Arab Jabour, a bomb killed a civilian and wounded four more. Gunmen killed a realtor and wounded his son. A blast wounded two civilians near a Doura mosque.
A roadside bomb killed a civilian and wounded another in Haswa.
Three members of one family were killed and two more were wounded when gunmen invaded the home of the owner of a women’s clothing shop in Dujail.
Two were killed in attacks in Hilla.
Shells struck the Abu Ghraib home of a Sahwa leader where they wounded his son.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- New Zealand Sends Fresh Troops; Five Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2018
- Baghdad Drops Bombs on ISIS in Syria; Five Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2018
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018