Insurgents turned their attention back on Baghdad where several bombings took place. The worst attack targeted children and woman at a neighborhood park. Overall, at least 45 people were killed and 75 were wounded across the country.
In Baghdad, a suicide bomber attacked a Qahira park filled with women and children, where he killed 28 people and wounded at least 53 more. Two people were killed and five more were wounded in a blast near a Jihad mosque. A blast left one dead and five wounded in Adhamiya. Later in Adhamiya, four men were shot dead. In Arab Jabour, a bomb killed a civilian and wounded four more. Gunmen killed a realtor and wounded his son. A blast wounded two civilians near a Doura mosque.
A roadside bomb killed a civilian and wounded another in Haswa.
Three members of one family were killed and two more were wounded when gunmen invaded the home of the owner of a women’s clothing shop in Dujail.
Two were killed in attacks in Hilla.
Shells struck the Abu Ghraib home of a Sahwa leader where they wounded his son.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Security Forces Shoot Protesters in Kirkuk, Khanaqin; 18 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2017
- Peshmerga Casualty Figures Raised; 90 Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2017
- Kurds Begin Return Home to Kirkuk; Eight Killed in Iraq – October 17th, 2017
- Kurds Flee as Baghdad Captures Kirkuk; 60 Killed, 133 Wounded – October 16th, 2017
- Iraq Forgets ISIS, Moves Against Kirkuk; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2017