45 Killed, Including Children in Baghdad Park Massacre
Insurgents turned their attention back on Baghdad where several bombings took place. The worst attack targeted children and woman at a neighborhood park. Overall, at least 45 people were killed and 75 were wounded across the country.
In Baghdad, a suicide bomber attacked a Qahira park filled with women and children, where he killed 28 people and wounded at least 53 more. Two people were killed and five more were wounded in a blast near a Jihad mosque. A blast left one dead and five wounded in Adhamiya. Later in Adhamiya, four men were shot dead. In Arab Jabour, a bomb killed a civilian and wounded four more. Gunmen killed a realtor and wounded his son. A blast wounded two civilians near a Doura mosque.
A roadside bomb killed a civilian and wounded another in Haswa.
Three members of one family were killed and two more were wounded when gunmen invaded the home of the owner of a women’s clothing shop in Dujail.
Two were killed in attacks in Hilla.
Shells struck the Abu Ghraib home of a Sahwa leader where they wounded his son.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Operations Continue in Northern Iraq; 171 Killed, 210 Wounded – March 2nd, 2015
- Iraq: 4,134 Killed in February; Major Operation Begins in North – March 1st, 2015
- Heavy Clashes and Bombings Leave 97 Dead, 127 Wounded in Iraq – February 28th, 2015
- String of Bombings in Baghdad; 47 Killed across Iraq – February 27th, 2015
- Coalition Airstrikes Kill Civilians; 224 Killed Across Iraq – February 26th, 2015