At least 26 Iraqis were killed and 35 more were wounded. Sixteen more were executed after being found guilty of terrorism-related offences.
The Justice Ministry reported the executions of 16 people on terrorism charges. One man was Egyptian. A 17th person was also put to death, but after being found guilty of a different criminal offence. At least 67 people were executed so far this year. It is unknown when these men were executed.
In Mosul, gunmen killed three Shabak men at a carpentry shop. A bomb killed a policeman and wounded two others. A civilian was gunned down. Gunmen killed a policeman. Two policemen were shot dead at a checkpoint. Gunmen killed a protest leader and wounded a sheikh during a home attack.
Three civilians were killed and eight more were wounded in a blast in Tuz Khormato.
Eight gunmen were killed when their truck exploded during an attack in Rashad.
A civilian was killed and two more were wounded in a blast in Mahaweel.
A bomb in Khalis killed a civilian and wounded another.
Seven policemen were wounded in Dujail when a roadside bomb blew up.
A roadside bomb wounded a policeman in Hibhib.
An al-Qaeda leader was killed during a capture attempt in Iskandariya.
In Najaf, police liberated a kidnapping victim.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019