At least 20 people were killed and 53 more were wounded in fresh attacks. Once again, insurgents targeted a soccer game and a cafe.
A suicide bomber entered a Falluja home belonging to an anti-terrorism official. The bomber killed the official’s brother and two security personnel, while wounding two others.
In Mosul, a bomb targeting a police commander wounded three bodyguards instead. Gunmen killed a policeman and seriously injured his brother. A soldier was wounded in an explosion. An imam was assassinated.
A double bombing killed three people and wounded nine more at a cafe in Buhriz.
Two soldiers were killed in Mahmoudiya when a bomb struck their patrol.
In Muqdadiya, gunmen killed a police officer and a bodyguard.
Seven federal policemen were wounded in a blast in Samarra.
A blast in Hammam al-Alil wounded three civilians.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018