At least 20 people were killed and 53 more were wounded in fresh attacks. Once again, insurgents targeted a soccer game and a cafe.
A suicide bomber entered a Falluja home belonging to an anti-terrorism official. The bomber killed the official’s brother and two security personnel, while wounding two others.
In Mosul, a bomb targeting a police commander wounded three bodyguards instead. Gunmen killed a policeman and seriously injured his brother. A soldier was wounded in an explosion. An imam was assassinated.
A double bombing killed three people and wounded nine more at a cafe in Buhriz.
Two soldiers were killed in Mahmoudiya when a bomb struck their patrol.
In Muqdadiya, gunmen killed a police officer and a bodyguard.
Seven federal policemen were wounded in a blast in Samarra.
A blast in Hammam al-Alil wounded three civilians.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Deploys More Troops to Kirkuk; 13 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2018
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018