At least 20 people were killed and 53 more were wounded in fresh attacks. Once again, insurgents targeted a soccer game and a cafe.
A suicide bomber entered a Falluja home belonging to an anti-terrorism official. The bomber killed the official’s brother and two security personnel, while wounding two others.
In Mosul, a bomb targeting a police commander wounded three bodyguards instead. Gunmen killed a policeman and seriously injured his brother. A soldier was wounded in an explosion. An imam was assassinated.
A double bombing killed three people and wounded nine more at a cafe in Buhriz.
Two soldiers were killed in Mahmoudiya when a bomb struck their patrol.
In Muqdadiya, gunmen killed a police officer and a bodyguard.
Seven federal policemen were wounded in a blast in Samarra.
A blast in Hammam al-Alil wounded three civilians.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Forces Kill 40 Militants in and Near Syria; 20 Found in Mass Grave in Mosul – April 22nd, 2018
- 60 Militants Found in Mosul Grave; 20 Killed in Iraq – April 21st, 2018
- New Zealand Sends Fresh Troops; Five Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2018
- Baghdad Drops Bombs on ISIS in Syria; Five Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2018
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018