At least 45 people were killed and 127 more were wounded. The most significant attack took place in northern Iraq.
In Baquba, four people were killed and 25 more were wounded in a marketplace bombing.
At a Muqdadiya sports field, a bomb killed four people and wounded 14 more.
In Sheikh Hamad, two policemen were killed and three more were wounded in a clash; two militants were also killed.
An I.E.D. killed a man and wounded his wife in Mansouriya.
Two people were wounded in a blast in Balad Ruz.
A bomb in Mafraq left two wounded.
In Shirqat, a captain was wounded seriously in a small arms attack.
A bomb at a policeman’ home left no casualties in Nasariya.
In Baghdad, a bomb in Shula left no casualties.
No casualties were reported in an attack on a checkpoint in Hilla.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Blow Themselves up; Four Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2019
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019