57 Killed, 161 Wounded In Spate of Iraq Bombings
With Ramadan winding down, Baghdad was again targeted in a series of coordinated, evening bombings. At least were 57 killed and another 161 were wounded there and across Iraq. One of the fatalities, a suicide bomber, was discovered to be a Saudi national.
In Baghdad, five people were killed and 18 more were wounded in a blast near Hurriya Square in Karrada. Eight people were killed and 21 more were wounded in Nahrawan when a bomb exploded. A bomb killed five and wounded 17 in Doura. In Thaalibh, a bomb killed four people and wounded 13 others. Three people were killed and 23 more were wounded during another blast in Zaafaraniya. Five people were killed and 15 more were wounded in a blast at a cafe in Husseiniya; a second bomb killed three and wounded 10 more. A bomb in Shabb left six wounded. Five people were killed and 16 more were wounded last night at an ice cream shop in Abu Dsheer.
Ten people were killed and 15 more were wounded in a blast in Anbakiya.
In Tuz Khormato, three al-Qaeda suspects were killed during a raid.
Two people were killed and four more were wounded in Saidiya when a bomb exploded near a home.
A policeman was shot dead in Falluja.
Security forces in Muqdadiya killed a Saudi suicide truck bomber.
Near Baquba, gunmen critically wounded a civilian.
A civilian was shot dead in Samarra.
In Shirqat, gunmen wounded a Sahwa member.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombers Successful in Mosul, Baghdad; 129 Killed in Iraq – December 7th, 2016
- Bus Bomb Explodes at Mosul Market; 35 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2016
- Displaced Executed near Kirkuk; 110 Killed in Iraq – December 5th, 2016
- Attacks on Mosul Civilians Continue; 115 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2016
- Suicide Bomber Targets Mosul Civilians; 91 Killed Across Iraq – December 3rd, 2016