Al-Qaeda Commander Among 16 Killed Across Iraq
Tuesday: 16 Killed, 25 Wounded
At least 16 people were killed and 25 wounded in the latest Iraq attacks.
In Mosul, one policeman was wounded when four bombs exploded at a watchtower. Police recovered the body of a child who had been kidnapped for ransom. Two policemen were gunned down. A roadside bomb killed a soldier and wounded two more.
An I.E.D. exploded amidst a gathering of young men in Muqdadiya, where three of them were killed and 11 more were wounded.
Mortars struck a home located near an army base in Hammam al-Alil, killing one person and wounding nine more.
Gunmen killed an army officer in Tikrit.
A civil servant was shot dead in Zubayr.
In Basra, two people were wounded when a bomb exploded at a cafe.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Hundreds Butchered by ISIS, Over A Hundred More Killed By Iraq Gov’t – July 29th, 2014
- 274 Killed Across Iraq As Mosul Residents Defy ISIS – July 28th, 2014
- Bloody Sunday in Iraq: 374 Killed, 78 Wounded – July 27th, 2014
- Sunni Politican Mysteriously Detained; 312 Killed Across Iraq – July 26th, 2014
- Sistani Reiterates Plea For Maliki To Quit; 45 Killed Across Iraq – July 25th, 2014