At least 16 people were killed and 25 wounded in the latest Iraq attacks.
In Mosul, one policeman was wounded when four bombs exploded at a watchtower. Police recovered the body of a child who had been kidnapped for ransom. Two policemen were gunned down. A roadside bomb killed a soldier and wounded two more.
An I.E.D. exploded amidst a gathering of young men in Muqdadiya, where three of them were killed and 11 more were wounded.
Mortars struck a home located near an army base in Hammam al-Alil, killing one person and wounding nine more.
Gunmen killed an army officer in Tikrit.
A civil servant was shot dead in Zubayr.
In Basra, two people were wounded when a bomb exploded at a cafe.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- New Zealand Sends Fresh Troops; Five Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2018
- Baghdad Drops Bombs on ISIS in Syria; Five Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2018
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018