Al-Qaeda Commander Among 16 Killed Across Iraq
Tuesday: 16 Killed, 25 Wounded
At least 16 people were killed and 25 wounded in the latest Iraq attacks.
In Mosul, one policeman was wounded when four bombs exploded at a watchtower. Police recovered the body of a child who had been kidnapped for ransom. Two policemen were gunned down. A roadside bomb killed a soldier and wounded two more.
An I.E.D. exploded amidst a gathering of young men in Muqdadiya, where three of them were killed and 11 more were wounded.
Mortars struck a home located near an army base in Hammam al-Alil, killing one person and wounding nine more.
Gunmen killed an army officer in Tikrit.
A civil servant was shot dead in Zubayr.
In Basra, two people were wounded when a bomb exploded at a cafe.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Heavy Fighting In Mosul’s Old City; 209 Killed in Iraq – March 28th, 2017
- New Civilian Casualties in Mosul Airstrikes; 127 Killed in Iraq – March 27th, 2017
- Cholera in Mosul; 242 Killed in Iraq – March 26th, 2017
- Pause in Mosul Fight; 37 Killed in Iraq – March 25th, 2017
- Sadrists Hold Rally in Baghdad; 60 Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2017