Al-Qaeda Commander Among 16 Killed Across Iraq
Tuesday: 16 Killed, 25 Wounded
At least 16 people were killed and 25 wounded in the latest Iraq attacks.
In Mosul, one policeman was wounded when four bombs exploded at a watchtower. Police recovered the body of a child who had been kidnapped for ransom. Two policemen were gunned down. A roadside bomb killed a soldier and wounded two more.
An I.E.D. exploded amidst a gathering of young men in Muqdadiya, where three of them were killed and 11 more were wounded.
Mortars struck a home located near an army base in Hammam al-Alil, killing one person and wounding nine more.
Gunmen killed an army officer in Tikrit.
A civil servant was shot dead in Zubayr.
In Basra, two people were wounded when a bomb exploded at a cafe.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iran’s Support For Maliki Dwindles As Over 200 Are Killed in Iraq – July 23rd, 2014
- 288 Slain As Maliki Urges Sunni Tribes To Fight For Iraq Government – July 22nd, 2014
- 257 Killed Across Iraq, Mostly In Security Ops – July 21st, 2014
- 131 Killed In Iraq As Deadline Passes for Christians To Leave Mosul – July 20th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad: 50 Killed, 92 Wounded – July 19th, 2014