At least 33 Iraqis were killed and 36 more were wounded in new bloodshed. Mosul took the most hits, but a bomb south of Baghdad targeted young athletes and sports fans.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a spokesman who worked for the provincial council. A car bomb killed one person and wounded six more in a commercial area. Gunmen killed a civilian and a policeman in separate locations. Another bomb killed four people and wounded six more. A bomb targeting an army patrol killed two civilians and wounded four others.
A bomb in Hammam al-Alil killed five people and wounded seven more.
Three Sahwa members and two gunmen were killed in a clash on a highway in northern Iraq.
Gunmen at a Tikrit checkpoint killed two policemen.
A sticky bomb killed a Sahwa member in Baquba.
A trash can bomb wounded six in Haditha.
Three people were wounded in a blast in Ramadi.
In al-Aethah, a bomb wounded a member of the Salah ad Din provincial council.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018
- Denmark Withdrawing Special Forces; 12 Killed in Iraq – May 17th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Funeral; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 16th, 2018
- Sadr Offices Bombed; 10 Killed in Iraq – May 15th, 2018