At least 33 Iraqis were killed and 36 more were wounded in new bloodshed. Mosul took the most hits, but a bomb south of Baghdad targeted young athletes and sports fans.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a spokesman who worked for the provincial council. A car bomb killed one person and wounded six more in a commercial area. Gunmen killed a civilian and a policeman in separate locations. Another bomb killed four people and wounded six more. A bomb targeting an army patrol killed two civilians and wounded four others.
A bomb in Hammam al-Alil killed five people and wounded seven more.
Three Sahwa members and two gunmen were killed in a clash on a highway in northern Iraq.
Gunmen at a Tikrit checkpoint killed two policemen.
A sticky bomb killed a Sahwa member in Baquba.
A trash can bomb wounded six in Haditha.
Three people were wounded in a blast in Ramadi.
In al-Aethah, a bomb wounded a member of the Salah ad Din provincial council.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018