Tuesday Terror: 86 Iraqis Killed, 234 Wounded
Coordinated violence took place across Baghdad today, as bomb after bomb exploded in neighborhoods across the city. The bloodshed extended deep into Shi’ite southern Iraq, which has been relatively quiet compared to restive northern Iraq. Overall, at least 86 Iraqis were killed and 234 were wounded.
In Baghdad, nine people were killed and 24 more were wounded in a double bombing in Shabb. A double bomb killed 12 people and wounded another 38 at a market in Shula. Three people were killed and 13 more were wounded during a car bombing in Hurriya. In Aden, two bombs killed four people and wounded 15 more. Two people were killed and 10 more were wounded in a blast in Abu Dsheer. A car bomb in Kamaliya left five dead and 16 wounded. In Doura, a car bomb killed four and wounded 15 more. Two people were killed and 12 more were wounded in Amiriya. Gunmen killed three people at a Zaafaraniya pet food shop. Also in Zaafaraniya, a sticky bomb killed a university professor. A barber and a physician were also separately killed.
In Mosul, four soldiers were killed and four more were wounded in a clash. An I.E.D. wounded two people. Two civilians were killed and a policeman was wounded in a bombing.
Four people were killed at a Saidiya cafe during a machine-gun attack.
A rare bombing in Samawa left three dead and 20 wounded.
Four people were killed and 17 more were wounded at a funeral in Hibhib.
A bomb near Kirkuk left one civilian dead and another wounded.
Security forces killed a suicide bomber in Tal Afar.
Two gunmen were killed during an operation in Mutaibijh.
A bomb wounded three people in Basra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Siege at Army Base Ongoing; 175 Killed, 102 Wounded Across Iraq – September 21st, 2014
- Clashes and Airstrikes Across Iraq Leave 154 Dead and Dozens Wounded – September 20th, 2014
- 71 Killed, 86 Wounded Across Iraq As Bombers Hit Baghdad Again – September 19th, 2014
- Bombers Strike near Baghdad Shrine; 195 Killed, 173 Wounded Across Iraq – September 18th, 2014
- 178 Killed, 95 Wounded in Numerous Attacks, Clashes Across Iraq – September 17th, 2014