Although no soccer players or fans were reported among today’s casualties, one of the bombings targeted a cafe. In recent days, several cafes screening international soccer matches were the focus of bloodshed. Overall, at least 55 people were killed and 53 more were wounded today.
The bodies of eight Sahwa members were found in an orchard after the men were snatched from various homes around Meshahda.
A roadside bomb in Hamdaniya killed a soldier and wounded two more.
Gunmen killed a policeman in Falluja.
Two leading al-Qaeda members were killed during a raid in Adhaim.
In Baiji, a policeman was gunned down.
A military operation in Duquq left an Ansar al-Sunna leader and a soldier dead.
A civilian was gunned down in Mosul.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019