Although no soccer players or fans were reported among today’s casualties, one of the bombings targeted a cafe. In recent days, several cafes screening international soccer matches were the focus of bloodshed. Overall, at least 55 people were killed and 53 more were wounded today.
The bodies of eight Sahwa members were found in an orchard after the men were snatched from various homes around Meshahda.
A roadside bomb in Hamdaniya killed a soldier and wounded two more.
Gunmen killed a policeman in Falluja.
Two leading al-Qaeda members were killed during a raid in Adhaim.
In Baiji, a policeman was gunned down.
A military operation in Duquq left an Ansar al-Sunna leader and a soldier dead.
A civilian was gunned down in Mosul.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Protest Organizer Among Eight Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018