At least 34 Iraqis were killed and 88 more were wounded across the country. Soccer fans were targeted yet again as they gathered in cafes across central Iraq to watch international games on television.
In Baghdad, four people were killed and 28 more were wounded in an explosion at an Adhamiya cafe. Twelve people were wounded in a blast at a cafe in al-Furat. At least four more soccer fans were killed. Gunmen killed a barber in Qahira; barbers have long been frequent targets for insurgents.
A coffee shop in Baquba was the targeting of a bomb that killed 10 and wounded 30 more.
A blast at a car show in Mussayab killed six people and wounded 11 more.
A three-year-old girl was killed and six family members were wounded in an attack on a Sahwa member in Madaen.
A cafe in Jbela saw a blast that killed three people.
A clash in Mosul left two soldiers dead.
Gunmen at a souk in Wadi Hajar killed a man and wounded his mother.
A sticky bomb killed a civilian in Iskandariya.
In Tikrit, a police lieutenant was killed when a bomb planted on his car exploded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019