At least 34 Iraqis were killed and 88 more were wounded across the country. Soccer fans were targeted yet again as they gathered in cafes across central Iraq to watch international games on television.
In Baghdad, four people were killed and 28 more were wounded in an explosion at an Adhamiya cafe. Twelve people were wounded in a blast at a cafe in al-Furat. At least four more soccer fans were killed. Gunmen killed a barber in Qahira; barbers have long been frequent targets for insurgents.
A coffee shop in Baquba was the targeting of a bomb that killed 10 and wounded 30 more.
A blast at a car show in Mussayab killed six people and wounded 11 more.
A three-year-old girl was killed and six family members were wounded in an attack on a Sahwa member in Madaen.
A cafe in Jbela saw a blast that killed three people.
A clash in Mosul left two soldiers dead.
Gunmen at a souk in Wadi Hajar killed a man and wounded his mother.
A sticky bomb killed a civilian in Iskandariya.
In Tikrit, a police lieutenant was killed when a bomb planted on his car exploded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018
- Troops Deployed to Turkish Border; 20 Killed in Iraq – September 16th, 2018
- Children Found in Mosul Mass Grave; 11 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 15th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Yields 23 Bodies; 19 Others Wounded in Iraq – September 14th, 2018