In Taji, eight people were killed and 24 more were wounded when a bomb exploded inside a restaurant serving highway travelers; women and children were among the victims. A bomb on a bus killed two commuters and wounded 11 more.
Gunmen killed three people and wounded a fourth one in Jbela.
A roadside bomb killed a policeman and wounded three others in Shirqat.
A bomb in Hammam al-Alil wounded a federal police officer.
Gunmen killed a man working as a barber in Sadr City.
In southeastern Baghdad, an I.E.D. killed two people and wounded 10 more.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Threatens Polling Stations; Four Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2018
- Iraqi Forces Kill 40 Militants in and Near Syria; 20 Found in Mass Grave in Mosul – April 22nd, 2018
- 60 Militants Found in Mosul Grave; 20 Killed in Iraq – April 21st, 2018
- New Zealand Sends Fresh Troops; Five Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2018
- Baghdad Drops Bombs on ISIS in Syria; Five Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2018