Bombings Return to Central Iraq; 23 Killed
Monday: 23 Killed, 79 Wounded
In Taji, eight people were killed and 24 more were wounded when a bomb exploded inside a restaurant serving highway travelers; women and children were among the victims. A bomb on a bus killed two commuters and wounded 11 more.
Gunmen killed three people and wounded a fourth one in Jbela.
A roadside bomb killed a policeman and wounded three others in Shirqat.
A bomb in Hammam al-Alil wounded a federal police officer.
Gunmen killed a man working as a barber in Sadr City.
In southeastern Baghdad, an I.E.D. killed two people and wounded 10 more.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- At Least 256 killed across Iraq As Battles Rage near Baghdad – September 29th, 2014
- Airstrikes, Battles, and Bombings Leave 294 Dead Across Iraq – September 28th, 2014
- Friendly Fire Casualties Among 94 Killed, 93 Wounded Across Iraq – September 27th, 2014
- 102 Killed in Iraq As New Details about Anbar Army Massacre Emerge – September 26th, 2014
- 164 Killed, 133 Wounded in Iraq Attacks and Battles – September 25th, 2014