Bombings Return to Central Iraq; 23 Killed
Monday: 23 Killed, 79 Wounded
In Taji, eight people were killed and 24 more were wounded when a bomb exploded inside a restaurant serving highway travelers; women and children were among the victims. A bomb on a bus killed two commuters and wounded 11 more.
Gunmen killed three people and wounded a fourth one in Jbela.
A roadside bomb killed a policeman and wounded three others in Shirqat.
A bomb in Hammam al-Alil wounded a federal police officer.
Gunmen killed a man working as a barber in Sadr City.
In southeastern Baghdad, an I.E.D. killed two people and wounded 10 more.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 95 Killed in Iraq; Fighting Continues in Fallujah – May 26th, 2016
- Mounting Concerns for Fallujah Residents; 259 Killed in Iraq – May 25th, 2016
- 66 Killed in Iraq; Forces Claim Victory in Garma – May 24th, 2016
- Baghdad Claims Progress in Falluja; 164 Killed Across Iraq – May 23rd, 2016
- Falluja Operation Begins; 219 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2016