Bombings Return to Central Iraq; 23 Killed
Monday: 23 Killed, 79 Wounded
In Taji, eight people were killed and 24 more were wounded when a bomb exploded inside a restaurant serving highway travelers; women and children were among the victims. A bomb on a bus killed two commuters and wounded 11 more.
Gunmen killed three people and wounded a fourth one in Jbela.
A roadside bomb killed a policeman and wounded three others in Shirqat.
A bomb in Hammam al-Alil wounded a federal police officer.
Gunmen killed a man working as a barber in Sadr City.
In southeastern Baghdad, an I.E.D. killed two people and wounded 10 more.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 288 Slain As Maliki Urges Sunni Tribes To Fight For Iraq Government – July 22nd, 2014
- 257 Killed Across Iraq, Mostly In Security Ops – July 21st, 2014
- 131 Killed In Iraq As Deadline Passes for Christians To Leave Mosul – July 20th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad: 50 Killed, 92 Wounded – July 19th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Leave Over A Hundred Dead – July 18th, 2014