Updated at 10:37 p.m. EDT, June 5, 2013
Fifteen people were killed at a fake checkpoint at Nukhaib. Due to conflicting reports, it is unclear exactly what percentage of the victims were security personnel or civilians. They were likely from Karbala province. A similar attack occurred in the area in September of 2011.
An I.E.D. in Madaen killed three Sahwa members and wounded a fourth.
In Tikrit, a bomb killed a soldier and wounded two others.
Gunmen wounded a tribal sheikh in Muqdadiya.
In Qayara, a former army major was gunned down. Gunmen also wounded an intelligence officer, his brother, and a bodyguard. A bomb killed two policemen and wounded a third one.
In Kirkuk, gunmen wounded three people, including two soldiers dressed in civilian garb.
A bomb killed a police officer and wounded another in Falluja.
A woman’s dumped body was found in Diwaniya.
In Mosul, a car bomb wounded two people.
A bomb damaged a car belong to the police chief in Jurf al-Sakhar, but no casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Dozens of Convicts; 116 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2017
- Shirqat Nearly Liberated; 297 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2017
- Turkey Desperate to Stop Kurdish Vote; 41 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2017
- Operations Launched in Hawija and Shirqat; 70 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2017
- Dozens of Bodies Found in Mass Graves; 121 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2017