In Baghdad, five people were killed and 20 more were wounded in a pair of bombings in Binouk. An explosion in a Shabb commercial area left six dead and 17 more wounded. A bomb targeting an army patrol exploded, killing four soldiers and wounding 17 more in Ur. A blast in Karrada left three dead and 16 wounded. Three people were killed and 14 more were wounded when a bomb targeting a military convoy blew up in Adhamiya. In New Baghdad, a bomb killed three and wounded eight more. Three people were killed in a blast at a car parts market downtown. Six people were wounded in a blast targeting police in Saidiya. A bomb in near a bakery Baladiyat wounded five people.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed three policemen at a federal checkpoint. Three civilians were wounded in a roadside bombing. A separate bomb killed one civilian and wounded two more. A policeman was gunned down.
Four people were killed and eight others were wounded when a suicide bomber attacked a Tal Afar chekcpoint.
A bomb targeting the governor of Anbar province wounded 12 others instead in Ramadi.
Two border policemen were shot dead at a fake checkpoint in a desert area of Anbar province.
Gunmen killed three people and wounded one more in Samarra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018