In Baghdad, five people were killed and 20 more were wounded in a pair of bombings in Binouk. An explosion in a Shabb commercial area left six dead and 17 more wounded. A bomb targeting an army patrol exploded, killing four soldiers and wounding 17 more in Ur. A blast in Karrada left three dead and 16 wounded. Three people were killed and 14 more were wounded when a bomb targeting a military convoy blew up in Adhamiya. In New Baghdad, a bomb killed three and wounded eight more. Three people were killed in a blast at a car parts market downtown. Six people were wounded in a blast targeting police in Saidiya. A bomb in near a bakery Baladiyat wounded five people.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed three policemen at a federal checkpoint. Three civilians were wounded in a roadside bombing. A separate bomb killed one civilian and wounded two more. A policeman was gunned down.
Four people were killed and eight others were wounded when a suicide bomber attacked a Tal Afar chekcpoint.
A bomb targeting the governor of Anbar province wounded 12 others instead in Ramadi.
Two border policemen were shot dead at a fake checkpoint in a desert area of Anbar province.
Gunmen killed three people and wounded one more in Samarra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018