Baghdad Wedding Bloodbath; 69 Iraqis Killed
At least 69 Iraqis were killed and 169 more were wounded. These numbers include previously unreported casualties that occurred in yesterday’s violence. In three of those attacks, the figures were revised considerably upwards. Sometimes the numbers in attacks can rise throughout the day. This is often due to confusion following them.
In Baghdad, a bomb at a wedding killed 18 celebrants in the Jihad neighborhood; at least 44 were wounded. A second bomb killed 12 and wounded 31 more. A third blast left 10 dead and 25 wounded in Ghazaliya.
Three people were killed and 13 more were wounded at a football field in Baquba.
The numbers in a bombing in Hibhib were increased by three dead and one wounded.
Near the Syrian border at the al-Walid crossing, three policemen were killed in a clash.
A bomb targeting the governor of Salah ad Din province wounded five bodyguards near Tikrit.
In Abu Ghraib, a brigadier general was assassinated.
Gunmen in Riyadh killed a Sahwa leader.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Hundreds of Militants Reported Killed Across Iraq – January 28th, 2015
- Ten Doctors Among 109 Killed Across Iraq – January 27th, 2015
- 215 Killed in Iraq, Including Civilians Executed by Shi’ite Militiamen – January 26th, 2015
- Military Operations, Attacks Across Iraq Leave 692 Killed – January 25th, 2015
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 134 Killed across Iraq – January 24th, 2015