Sixty Killed, 132 Wounded in Ongoing Iraq Carnage
Violence continued across central and northern Iraq today. At least 60 were killed and 132 more were wounded. Also, Canada’s foreign affairs minister, John Baird, announced that a Canadian was among the dead in recent attacks.
In Abu Ghraib, a car bomb near a Sunni mosque killed 11 people and wounded 21 more. In a separate clash, four Sahwa members were killed and two more were wounded; three gunmen were also killed and one more was wounded.
A blast killed six people and wounded 18 others in Baghdad‘s Doura district.
Five people were killed and 46 more were wounded in a double bombing in Tuz Khormato.
In Mosul, gunmen killed two policemen and wounded two more. Another policeman was gunned down. A soldier was killed and a bystander was wounded in a clash. Gunmen killed a civilian and wounded his brother.
In Tarmiya, a suicide bomber killed three soldiers and wounded seven more. A second bomber was killed during ensuing clashes.
Three people were killed and two more were wounded in Baquba when a bomb exploded. Gunmen wounded a civilian.
Two roadside bombs in Kanaan killed three people.
A Sunni couple was killed in Khalis when gunmen stormed their home.
Five more people were killed across Diyala.
Gunmen wounded two policemen at a checkpoint in Garma.
A bomb in Ramadi killed one of the organizers of protests in Anbar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Blast at Abu Ghraib Mosque; 166 Killed in Iraq – June 27th, 2016
- Iran Artillery Fire Wounds Civilians; 93 Killed in Iraq – June 26th, 2016
- Militia Accused of Destroying Homes; 112 Killed in Iraq – June 25th, 2016
- Kurdish Media Office Attacked; 87 Killed in Iraq – June 24th, 2016
- Fallujah Displaced Desperate; 69 Killed in Iraq – June 23rd, 2016