Sixty Killed, 132 Wounded in Ongoing Iraq Carnage
Violence continued across central and northern Iraq today. At least 60 were killed and 132 more were wounded. Also, Canada’s foreign affairs minister, John Baird, announced that a Canadian was among the dead in recent attacks.
In Abu Ghraib, a car bomb near a Sunni mosque killed 11 people and wounded 21 more. In a separate clash, four Sahwa members were killed and two more were wounded; three gunmen were also killed and one more was wounded.
A blast killed six people and wounded 18 others in Baghdad‘s Doura district.
Five people were killed and 46 more were wounded in a double bombing in Tuz Khormato.
In Mosul, gunmen killed two policemen and wounded two more. Another policeman was gunned down. A soldier was killed and a bystander was wounded in a clash. Gunmen killed a civilian and wounded his brother.
In Tarmiya, a suicide bomber killed three soldiers and wounded seven more. A second bomber was killed during ensuing clashes.
Three people were killed and two more were wounded in Baquba when a bomb exploded. Gunmen wounded a civilian.
Two roadside bombs in Kanaan killed three people.
A Sunni couple was killed in Khalis when gunmen stormed their home.
Five more people were killed across Diyala.
Gunmen wounded two policemen at a checkpoint in Garma.
A bomb in Ramadi killed one of the organizers of protests in Anbar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 285 Killed Across Iraq As Badr Brigades Refuse To Leave Kurdish Region – November 26th, 2014
- Australian Strikes Claim Militants; 229 Killed Across Iraq – November 25th, 2014
- 83 Killed As Peshmerga Ask Badr Brigades For Control of Iraq Town – November 24th, 2014
- Mass Grave Found Near Mosul; 314 Killed Across Iraq – November 23rd, 2014
- Iraq Attacks, Strikes Leave 203 Dead, 111 Wounded – November 22nd, 2014