Although Iraq is enjoying a respite from major bombings, small arms attacks appear to be on the rise. Anbar province, in particular, saw gun violence targeting police. Also, two more kidnappings were reported. Overall, at least 44 people were killed and 25 more were wounded.
Seven policemen were killed in a clash at a checkpoint in Haditha.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed two people playing checkers and wounded five others in Doura. A bomb in the east killed one person and wounded five more.
One man was killed and another was wounded in Riyadh as they were allegedly working on a motorcycle bomb.
Two policemen were killed and one more was wounded in a clash in Ramadi.
A married couple was killed during a home invasion in Khalis.
In Iskandariya, a body bearing gunshot wounds was discovered in a canal.
A bomb targeting a police official wounded one policeman when it exploded in Shirqat.
A bomb in Abu Ghraib wounded four civilians.
A farmer and his son were kidnapped in Samarra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018