Iraqi Police Targeted As Attacks Claim 44 Lives
Sunday: 44 Killed, 25 Wounded
Although Iraq is enjoying a respite from major bombings, small arms attacks appear to be on the rise. Anbar province, in particular, saw gun violence targeting police. Also, two more kidnappings were reported. Overall, at least 44 people were killed and 25 more were wounded.
Seven policemen were killed in a clash at a checkpoint in Haditha.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed two people playing checkers and wounded five others in Doura. A bomb in the east killed one person and wounded five more.
One man was killed and another was wounded in Riyadh as they were allegedly working on a motorcycle bomb.
Two policemen were killed and one more was wounded in a clash in Ramadi.
A married couple was killed during a home invasion in Khalis.
In Iskandariya, a body bearing gunshot wounds was discovered in a canal.
A bomb targeting a police official wounded one policeman when it exploded in Shirqat.
A bomb in Abu Ghraib wounded four civilians.
A farmer and his son were kidnapped in Samarra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 598 Killed in Iraq; Hundreds Sickened by Sulfur Fumes – October 22nd, 2016
- 553 Killed and Executed in Iraq as Militants Attack Kirkuk – October 21st, 2016
- US Soldier Among 126 Killed in Iraq – October 20th, 2016
- 232 Killed in Iraq as Mosul Fighting Heats Up – October 19th, 2016
- 180 Killed in Iraq as Mosul Operations Continue – October 18th, 2016