Iraqi Police Targeted As Attacks Claim 44 Lives
Sunday: 44 Killed, 25 Wounded
Although Iraq is enjoying a respite from major bombings, small arms attacks appear to be on the rise. Anbar province, in particular, saw gun violence targeting police. Also, two more kidnappings were reported. Overall, at least 44 people were killed and 25 more were wounded.
Seven policemen were killed in a clash at a checkpoint in Haditha.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed two people playing checkers and wounded five others in Doura. A bomb in the east killed one person and wounded five more.
One man was killed and another was wounded in Riyadh as they were allegedly working on a motorcycle bomb.
Two policemen were killed and one more was wounded in a clash in Ramadi.
A married couple was killed during a home invasion in Khalis.
In Iskandariya, a body bearing gunshot wounds was discovered in a canal.
A bomb targeting a police official wounded one policeman when it exploded in Shirqat.
A bomb in Abu Ghraib wounded four civilians.
A farmer and his son were kidnapped in Samarra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Releases Beheading Video As 161 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 28th, 2014
- 168 Killed Across Iraq As U.S. and Militiamen Focus on Rescuing Turkmen in Amerli – August 27th, 2014
- Another Bombing in Baghdad; 80 Killed in Iraq – August 26th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 212 Killed, 184 Wounded – August 25th, 2014
- 119 Killed in Iraq As Airstrikes Continue – August 24th, 2014