Although Iraq is enjoying a respite from major bombings, small arms attacks appear to be on the rise. Anbar province, in particular, saw gun violence targeting police. Also, two more kidnappings were reported. Overall, at least 44 people were killed and 25 more were wounded.
Seven policemen were killed in a clash at a checkpoint in Haditha.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed two people playing checkers and wounded five others in Doura. A bomb in the east killed one person and wounded five more.
One man was killed and another was wounded in Riyadh as they were allegedly working on a motorcycle bomb.
Two policemen were killed and one more was wounded in a clash in Ramadi.
A married couple was killed during a home invasion in Khalis.
In Iskandariya, a body bearing gunshot wounds was discovered in a canal.
A bomb targeting a police official wounded one policeman when it exploded in Shirqat.
A bomb in Abu Ghraib wounded four civilians.
A farmer and his son were kidnapped in Samarra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019