Forty Killed Across Iraq; 13 Kidnapped in Anbar Province
Sunday: 40 Killed, 45 Wounded
At least 40 people were killed and 45 more were wounded in mostly small attacks across Iraq. Also, as many as 13 people were kidnapped across Anbar province.
In Baghdad, gunmen stormed the Rashid home of an anti-terrorism officer, where they killed him, his wife and two small children; they killed a policeman as they fled through a checkpoint. One policeman was killed and two more were wounded.
A bomb at a stadium in Ramadi killed four people and wounded 12 more when it exploded.
In Mosul, two soldiers were killed and two more were wounded in a blast that occurred as they arrived at the scene of an earlier bombing. Gunmen killed a policeman. A bomb killed a soldier and wounded three more.
Four Sahwa members were shot dead during an attack on their base in Garma.
Gunmen killed a Sahwa member and wounded another at a Khalis checkpoint.
In Hammam al-Alil, a rocket attack killed three soldiers and wounded four more.
Police fired upon a suicide car bomber targeting a bird market in Tal al-Ruman. The bomber was killed and a policeman was wounded.
A Sunni cleric was assassinated in Basra.
A bomb at a Madaen mosque wounded four worshippers.
A suicide track driver wounded four soldiers in Tal Abta.
In Qaim, gunmen wounded a senior military officer.
Gunmen killed three people in Jubail.
Gunmen kidnapped 10 Sunni policemen during an ambush near Ramadi.
Three people were kidnapped in Anbar province. A woman and baby were allowed to remain behind with the vehicle they were traveling in.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 285 Killed Across Iraq As Badr Brigades Refuse To Leave Kurdish Region – November 26th, 2014
- Australian Strikes Claim Militants; 229 Killed Across Iraq – November 25th, 2014
- 83 Killed As Peshmerga Ask Badr Brigades For Control of Iraq Town – November 24th, 2014
- Mass Grave Found Near Mosul; 314 Killed Across Iraq – November 23rd, 2014
- Iraq Attacks, Strikes Leave 203 Dead, 111 Wounded – November 22nd, 2014