At least 40 people were killed and 45 more were wounded in mostly small attacks across Iraq. Also, as many as 13 people were kidnapped across Anbar province.
In Baghdad, gunmen stormed the Rashid home of an anti-terrorism officer, where they killed him, his wife and two small children; they killed a policeman as they fled through a checkpoint. One policeman was killed and two more were wounded.
A bomb at a stadium in Ramadi killed four people and wounded 12 more when it exploded.
In Mosul, two soldiers were killed and two more were wounded in a blast that occurred as they arrived at the scene of an earlier bombing. Gunmen killed a policeman. A bomb killed a soldier and wounded three more.
Four Sahwa members were shot dead during an attack on their base in Garma.
Gunmen killed a Sahwa member and wounded another at a Khalis checkpoint.
In Hammam al-Alil, a rocket attack killed three soldiers and wounded four more.
Police fired upon a suicide car bomber targeting a bird market in Tal al-Ruman. The bomber was killed and a policeman was wounded.
A Sunni cleric was assassinated in Basra.
A bomb at a Madaen mosque wounded four worshippers.
A suicide track driver wounded four soldiers in Tal Abta.
In Qaim, gunmen wounded a senior military officer.
Gunmen killed three people in Jubail.
Gunmen kidnapped 10 Sunni policemen during an ambush near Ramadi.
Three people were kidnapped in Anbar province. A woman and baby were allowed to remain behind with the vehicle they were traveling in.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018