Bombings Continue in Baghdad, Kirkuk; 40 Killed
Thursday: 40 Killed, 107 Wounded
In Baghdad, a blast killed two people and wounded 10 more in Chkok. Three people were killed and 14 more were wounded in a Kamaliya blast at a taxi stand. Gunmen killed the brother of an Iraqiya party lawmaker at his shop in Bayaa and wounded two bodyguards. Also in Bayaa, gunmen killed a civilian.
Gunmen in Falluja killed an employee of the civil defense directorate.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed two soldiers and wounded four more. A separate bomb wounded two soldiers. Three civilians and two policemen were wounded in a third blast. A car bomb wounded two civilians.
Security forces killed a gunman in Tal Afar.
Two police officers were killed and three more were wounded when a car bomb exploded in Tarmiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Qayara Reported Liberated; 111 Killed in Iraq – August 24th, 2016
- Fighting Continues in Khalidiya; 189 Killed in Iraq – August 23rd, 2016
- 46 Killed in Iraq, Including British Demining Contractor – August 22nd, 2016
- Baghdad, ISIS Carry out Executions; 238 Killed in Iraq – August 21st, 2016
- 60 Killed in Iraq, Including Executed Civilians – August 20th, 2016