Bombings Continue in Baghdad, Kirkuk; 40 Killed
Thursday: 40 Killed, 107 Wounded
In Baghdad, a blast killed two people and wounded 10 more in Chkok. Three people were killed and 14 more were wounded in a Kamaliya blast at a taxi stand. Gunmen killed the brother of an Iraqiya party lawmaker at his shop in Bayaa and wounded two bodyguards. Also in Bayaa, gunmen killed a civilian.
Gunmen in Falluja killed an employee of the civil defense directorate.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed two soldiers and wounded four more. A separate bomb wounded two soldiers. Three civilians and two policemen were wounded in a third blast. A car bomb wounded two civilians.
Security forces killed a gunman in Tal Afar.
Two police officers were killed and three more were wounded when a car bomb exploded in Tarmiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sinjar Operation Continues; 142 Killed Across Iraq – December 18th, 2014
- Operation To Free Yazidi Town Begins; 131 Killed Across Iraq – December 17th, 2014
- Iraq: 241 Killed, Including 150 Women Who Spurned ISIS Suitors – December 16th, 2014
- 101 Killed in Iraq, and Thousands Are Missing – December 15th, 2014
- Iraqi, Kurdish Forces Kill Dozens of Militants – December 14th, 2014