Bombings Continue in Baghdad, Kirkuk; 40 Killed
Thursday: 40 Killed, 107 Wounded
In Baghdad, a blast killed two people and wounded 10 more in Chkok. Three people were killed and 14 more were wounded in a Kamaliya blast at a taxi stand. Gunmen killed the brother of an Iraqiya party lawmaker at his shop in Bayaa and wounded two bodyguards. Also in Bayaa, gunmen killed a civilian.
Gunmen in Falluja killed an employee of the civil defense directorate.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed two soldiers and wounded four more. A separate bomb wounded two soldiers. Three civilians and two policemen were wounded in a third blast. A car bomb wounded two civilians.
Security forces killed a gunman in Tal Afar.
Two police officers were killed and three more were wounded when a car bomb exploded in Tarmiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 134 Killed across Iraq – January 24th, 2015
- 82 Killed in Iraq; Peshmerga Shell Central Mosul – January 23rd, 2015
- 118 Killed in Iraq, Tribal Fighters Threaten To Quit Battle in Anbar – January 22nd, 2015
- Kurdish Forces Launch Operation in Northern Iraq, Hundreds Reported Killed – January 21st, 2015
- Mass Graves Uncovered; 157 Killed in Iraq – January 20th, 2015