Bombings Continue in Baghdad, Kirkuk; 40 Killed
Thursday: 40 Killed, 107 Wounded
In Baghdad, a blast killed two people and wounded 10 more in Chkok. Three people were killed and 14 more were wounded in a Kamaliya blast at a taxi stand. Gunmen killed the brother of an Iraqiya party lawmaker at his shop in Bayaa and wounded two bodyguards. Also in Bayaa, gunmen killed a civilian.
Gunmen in Falluja killed an employee of the civil defense directorate.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed two soldiers and wounded four more. A separate bomb wounded two soldiers. Three civilians and two policemen were wounded in a third blast. A car bomb wounded two civilians.
Security forces killed a gunman in Tal Afar.
Two police officers were killed and three more were wounded when a car bomb exploded in Tarmiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bloody Sunday in Iraq: 374 Killed, 78 Wounded – July 27th, 2014
- Sunni Politican Mysteriously Detained; 312 Killed Across Iraq – July 26th, 2014
- Sistani Reiterates Plea For Maliki To Quit; 45 Killed Across Iraq – July 25th, 2014
- ISIS Blows Up Tombs in Mosul; 147 Killed Across Iraq – July 24th, 2014
- Iran’s Support For Maliki Dwindles As Over 200 Are Killed in Iraq – July 23rd, 2014