Iraq Horror: 42 Killed, 141 Wounded
In Baghdad, a burning car in the Kadhimiya district drew firefighters to a bomb that killed two people and wounded nine more. One person was killed and 10 more were wounded in a blast in New Baghdad. In Mashtal, a bomb killed six and wounded 28 others. Two people were killed and 10 more were wounded in Zaafaraniya. In Husseiniya, one person was killed and seven more were wounded. Four people were killed and 11 more were killed in Saidiya.
A pair of bombs near government buildings in Kirkuk killed 10 people, including children. At least 13 more people were wounded. Outside the city, two policemen were wounded in a roadside bombing. A police commander survived an explosion targeting him without injury.
Seven people were killed and 33 others were wounded in a bombing near a Sadr City bus stop.
A suicide motorcycle bomber in Tarmiya killed two policemen and wounded eight more at a checkpoint.
In Mosul, a roadside bomb killed a policeman and wounded two more.
Two security personnel were killed and three more were wounded in a blast in Hammam al-Alil.
A sticky bomb in Baquba killed an elderly man and wounded in grandson.
Four people were wounded in a motorcycle bombing in Muqdadiya.
In Mehraijiya, gunmen killed two Sahwa members outside their home.
Mortar shelling in Akashat left one soldier dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 3,790 Killed Across Iraq in September – September 30th, 2014
- At Least 246 killed across Iraq As Battles Rage near Baghdad – September 29th, 2014
- Airstrikes, Battles, and Bombings Leave 294 Dead Across Iraq – September 28th, 2014
- Friendly Fire Casualties Among 94 Killed, 93 Wounded Across Iraq – September 27th, 2014
- 102 Killed in Iraq As New Details about Anbar Army Massacre Emerge – September 26th, 2014