Baghdad Bombings Continue: 31 Killed
Monday: 31 Killed, 56 Wounded
In Baghdad, bombs planted at two entrances to the Husseiniya neighborhood exploded, killing six people and wounding 21 others. Grenades killed six people and wounded 13 more at a Sunni mosque in Mansour. Four civilians were killed and 11 others were wounded in a blast at a Doura restaurant. A Kurdish lawmaker was targeted in a bombing, but two of his bodyguards were wounded instead.
Three people were killed and two more were wounded during an I.E.D. blast in Baiji.
An I.E.D. in Haditha wounded two policemen.
A bomb killed two soldiers and wounded a third person in Tikrit.
A man was gunned down in Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Executing Deserters in Iraq; 190 Killed – December 21st, 2014
- Mass Grave Found in Sinjar, 166 Killed Across Iraq – December 20th, 2014
- Heavy Fighting Continues Near Sinjar, 11 Killed in Baghdad – December 19th, 2014
- Sinjar Operation Continues; 142 Killed Across Iraq – December 18th, 2014
- Operation To Free Yazidi Town Begins; 131 Killed Across Iraq – December 17th, 2014