Baghdad Bombings Continue: 31 Killed
Monday: 31 Killed, 56 Wounded
In Baghdad, bombs planted at two entrances to the Husseiniya neighborhood exploded, killing six people and wounding 21 others. Grenades killed six people and wounded 13 more at a Sunni mosque in Mansour. Four civilians were killed and 11 others were wounded in a blast at a Doura restaurant. A Kurdish lawmaker was targeted in a bombing, but two of his bodyguards were wounded instead.
Three people were killed and two more were wounded during an I.E.D. blast in Baiji.
An I.E.D. in Haditha wounded two policemen.
A bomb killed two soldiers and wounded a third person in Tikrit.
A man was gunned down in Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Gunmen Attack Samarra Council; 42 Killed, 74 Wounded Across Iraq – March 4th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Continue: 97 Killed, 45 Wounded – March 3rd, 2014
- 131 Killed, 48 Wounded in Iraq, Including Scores of Militants – March 2nd, 2014
- Iraq Attacks Continue into March: 70 Killed, 50 Wounded – March 1st, 2014
- Prominent Sheikh Among 34 Killed, Another 40 Iraqis Wounded – February 28th, 2014