Baghdad Bombings Continue: 31 Killed
Monday: 31 Killed, 56 Wounded
In Baghdad, bombs planted at two entrances to the Husseiniya neighborhood exploded, killing six people and wounding 21 others. Grenades killed six people and wounded 13 more at a Sunni mosque in Mansour. Four civilians were killed and 11 others were wounded in a blast at a Doura restaurant. A Kurdish lawmaker was targeted in a bombing, but two of his bodyguards were wounded instead.
Three people were killed and two more were wounded during an I.E.D. blast in Baiji.
An I.E.D. in Haditha wounded two policemen.
A bomb killed two soldiers and wounded a third person in Tikrit.
A man was gunned down in Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Blast at Abu Ghraib Mosque; 166 Killed in Iraq – June 27th, 2016
- Iran Artillery Fire Wounds Civilians; 93 Killed in Iraq – June 26th, 2016
- Militia Accused of Destroying Homes; 112 Killed in Iraq – June 25th, 2016
- Kurdish Media Office Attacked; 87 Killed in Iraq – June 24th, 2016
- Fallujah Displaced Desperate; 69 Killed in Iraq – June 23rd, 2016