Baghdad Bombings Continue: 31 Killed
Monday: 31 Killed, 56 Wounded
In Baghdad, bombs planted at two entrances to the Husseiniya neighborhood exploded, killing six people and wounding 21 others. Grenades killed six people and wounded 13 more at a Sunni mosque in Mansour. Four civilians were killed and 11 others were wounded in a blast at a Doura restaurant. A Kurdish lawmaker was targeted in a bombing, but two of his bodyguards were wounded instead.
Three people were killed and two more were wounded during an I.E.D. blast in Baiji.
An I.E.D. in Haditha wounded two policemen.
A bomb killed two soldiers and wounded a third person in Tikrit.
A man was gunned down in Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Cholera Spreads in Iraq; 72 Killed in Battles – October 4th, 2015
- 89 Killed in Iraq as Bombers Strike near Baghdad Shrine – October 3rd, 2015
- 36 Killed in Iraq; Embedded Journalist Wounded – October 2nd, 2015
- 257 Killed in Iraq as Abadi Asks for More Airstrikes – October 1st, 2015
- 3,842 Killed in Iraq during September – September 30th, 2015