Attacks Target Central Iraq: 28 Killed, 75 Wounded
Central Iraq, from east to west, was the focus of today’s attack, which killed at least 28 people and wounded 75 more. The figures could go higher throughout the day.
A suicide bomber killed six people east of Falluja. About 15 more were wounded in a bomb attack at a Garma police station. The bomb was detonated as Sahwa members had gathered to receive their salaries. A sticky bomb planted on a car killed a Sahwa official. A soldier was wounded during a small arms attack at a checkpoint.
In Baghdad, a bomb in the Husseiniya neighborhood left four dead and 12 wounded.
A blast in Baiji killed four policemen.
Near Ramadi a car bomb killed two policemen and wounded another 10 people. Three policemen were wounded in a separate bombing east of the city.
A civilian was killed and two others were wounded in Numaniya.
A roadside bomb in Tal Afar killed one soldier and wounded two more.
Eleven people were wounded across Abu Ghraib during a mortar attack.
A roadside bomb wounded two people in Kanaan.
Security forces killed a suicide bomber in Samarra.
Three policemen were wounded in Kirkuk when a bomb exploded near their vehicle.
Two people were injured in Jalawla when a bomb targeting a taxi exploded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Ten Doctors Among 109 Killed Across Iraq – January 27th, 2015
- 215 Killed in Iraq, Including Civilians Executed by Shi’ite Militiamen – January 26th, 2015
- Military Operations, Attacks Across Iraq Leave 692 Killed – January 25th, 2015
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 134 Killed across Iraq – January 24th, 2015
- 82 Killed in Iraq; Peshmerga Shell Central Mosul – January 23rd, 2015