Central Iraq, from east to west, was the focus of today’s attack, which killed at least 28 people and wounded 75 more. The figures could go higher throughout the day.
A suicide bomber killed six people east of Falluja. About 15 more were wounded in a bomb attack at a Garma police station. The bomb was detonated as Sahwa members had gathered to receive their salaries. A sticky bomb planted on a car killed a Sahwa official. A soldier was wounded during a small arms attack at a checkpoint.
In Baghdad, a bomb in the Husseiniya neighborhood left four dead and 12 wounded.
A blast in Baiji killed four policemen.
Near Ramadi a car bomb killed two policemen and wounded another 10 people. Three policemen were wounded in a separate bombing east of the city.
A civilian was killed and two others were wounded in Numaniya.
A roadside bomb in Tal Afar killed one soldier and wounded two more.
Eleven people were wounded across Abu Ghraib during a mortar attack.
A roadside bomb wounded two people in Kanaan.
Security forces killed a suicide bomber in Samarra.
Three policemen were wounded in Kirkuk when a bomb exploded near their vehicle.
Two people were injured in Jalawla when a bomb targeting a taxi exploded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017