Shi’ites Attacked in Southern Iraq: 49 Killed, 100 Wounded
Attacks struck Shi’ite cities and neighborhoods south of Baghdad today. At least 49 people were killed 100 more were wounded in them.
A pair of car bombs left 18 dead and 42 wounded when they exploded among construction workers and in a market in Amara.
Nine people were killed and 23 more were wounded when a car bomb exploded near a restaurant in Diwaniya.
A car bomb in the holy city of Karbala left three dead and 14 wounded.
In Mahmoudiya, which is predominantly Sunni, a bomb killed six people and wounded 14 more in a Shi’ite district.
In Mosul, two soldiers were killed and three more were wounded in a clash. Gunmen killed a soldier. A civilian was killed and his brother was wounded in a shooting.
Gunmen killed two soldiers and wounded two more in Yathrib.
A sniper in Madaen killed a soldier and wounded another.
An officer and two soldiers were shot dead in Riyadh.
Two suicide bombers were killed when their vehicle exploded near a checkpoint in Samarra.
A lawyer was assassinated in Baquba.
Mortars in Anbar province left no casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shi’ite Militia Accused of Kidnapping; 91 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2016
- Thousands Homeless in Anbar; 72 Killed in Iraq – February 11th, 2016
- 96 Killed Across Iraq as Fighting Shifts West of Ramadi – February 10th, 2016
- Security Forces Finish Securing Ramadi; 285 Killed in Iraq – February 9th, 2016
- Troops Recapture Anbar Town; 120 Killed Across Iraq – February 8th, 2016