Seven Iraqis Killed As Gov’t Cuts Off Satellite Television Stations
Sunday: 7 Killed, 9 Wounded
Iraq pulled the broadcast licenses of 10 satellite television stations, claiming the stations are provoking sectarian unrest. Internationally respected al-Jazeera was among the stations punished. Security forces also arrested a tribal leader who had been promoting demonstrations. Meanwhile, at least seven Iraqis were killed and nine more were wounded in comparatively light violence.
Security forces killed al-Qaeda leader and wounded two bodyguards in a clash near Baquba.
A car bomb killed three policemen and wounded three others in Taji.
In Hammam al-Alil, gunmen killed a soldier and wounded three more.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a civilian.
Gunmen killed one civilian and wounded another in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- At least 6,106 Killed in Iraq during January – January 31st, 2015
- ISIS Targets Kurdish Forces; 197 Killed Across Iraq – January 30th, 2015
- Blasts Target Baghdad Suburbs; 183 Killed Across Iraq – January 29th, 2015
- Hundreds of Militants Reported Killed Across Iraq – January 28th, 2015
- Ten Doctors Among 109 Killed Across Iraq – January 27th, 2015