Seven Iraqis Killed As Gov’t Cuts Off Satellite Television Stations
Sunday: 7 Killed, 9 Wounded
Iraq pulled the broadcast licenses of 10 satellite television stations, claiming the stations are provoking sectarian unrest. Internationally respected al-Jazeera was among the stations punished. Security forces also arrested a tribal leader who had been promoting demonstrations. Meanwhile, at least seven Iraqis were killed and nine more were wounded in comparatively light violence.
Security forces killed al-Qaeda leader and wounded two bodyguards in a clash near Baquba.
A car bomb killed three policemen and wounded three others in Taji.
In Hammam al-Alil, gunmen killed a soldier and wounded three more.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a civilian.
Gunmen killed one civilian and wounded another in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 418 Killed as Security Forces Capture Several Towns in Northern Iraq – October 23rd, 2016
- 598 Killed in Iraq; Hundreds Sickened by Sulfur Fumes – October 22nd, 2016
- 553 Killed and Executed in Iraq as Militants Attack Kirkuk – October 21st, 2016
- US Soldier Among 126 Killed in Iraq – October 20th, 2016
- 232 Killed in Iraq as Mosul Fighting Heats Up – October 19th, 2016