Seven Iraqis Killed As Gov’t Cuts Off Satellite Television Stations
Sunday: 7 Killed, 9 Wounded
Iraq pulled the broadcast licenses of 10 satellite television stations, claiming the stations are provoking sectarian unrest. Internationally respected al-Jazeera was among the stations punished. Security forces also arrested a tribal leader who had been promoting demonstrations. Meanwhile, at least seven Iraqis were killed and nine more were wounded in comparatively light violence.
Security forces killed al-Qaeda leader and wounded two bodyguards in a clash near Baquba.
A car bomb killed three policemen and wounded three others in Taji.
In Hammam al-Alil, gunmen killed a soldier and wounded three more.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a civilian.
Gunmen killed one civilian and wounded another in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Releases Beheading Video As 161 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 28th, 2014
- 168 Killed Across Iraq As U.S. and Militiamen Focus on Rescuing Turkmen in Amerli – August 27th, 2014
- Another Bombing in Baghdad; 80 Killed in Iraq – August 26th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 212 Killed, 184 Wounded – August 25th, 2014
- 119 Killed in Iraq As Airstrikes Continue – August 24th, 2014