Seven Iraqis Killed As Gov’t Cuts Off Satellite Television Stations
Sunday: 7 Killed, 9 Wounded
Iraq pulled the broadcast licenses of 10 satellite television stations, claiming the stations are provoking sectarian unrest. Internationally respected al-Jazeera was among the stations punished. Security forces also arrested a tribal leader who had been promoting demonstrations. Meanwhile, at least seven Iraqis were killed and nine more were wounded in comparatively light violence.
Security forces killed al-Qaeda leader and wounded two bodyguards in a clash near Baquba.
A car bomb killed three policemen and wounded three others in Taji.
In Hammam al-Alil, gunmen killed a soldier and wounded three more.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a civilian.
Gunmen killed one civilian and wounded another in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fighting Ramps up in Anbar province; 112 Killed in Iraq – September 26th, 2016
- Mass Executions in Mosul; 145 Killed in Iraq – September 25th, 2016
- Attack on Security Chiefs near Tikrit; 87 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2016
- UK Ramps Up Strikes; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2016
- Militants Immolate Civilians; 216 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2016