At least 86 Iraqis Killed in Ongoing Violence Triggered by Protests
Wednesday: 86 Killed, 156 Wounded; Dozens More Casualties Uncounted
At least 86 Iraqis were killed and 128 more were wounded in a second day of violence. Dozens more who were killed injured during an aerial attack in Suleiman Bek and clashes in Baiji remain uncounted.
Dozens were injured in aerial bombing of Suleiman Bek, while twenty people were killed during clashes that took place. Another 58 people were wounded. Separately, gunmen attacked a police patrol, killing an officer and three bodyguards; another policeman was wounded.
In Mosul, three gunmen were killed when they tried to attack a checkpoint. A policeman and a doctor were wounded in separate shootings. At least one policeman was killed in a clash. Gunmen killed a soldier.
A car bomb killed three people and wounded seven in Tarmiya.
Twelve security personnel and gunmen were killed in continued clashing over a protest camp in Hawija.
In Baghdad, eight people were killed and 21 more were wounded in a bombing.
Four Sahwa members were killed and a fifth one was wounded in an attack on their checkpoint in Khalis.
In Tikrit, a soldier was killed and two more were wounded in a rocket attack.
At least 22 people were killed Qara Tapa was taken over by insurgents.
Government protesters near Ramadi released two captured soldiers.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Execute Iraq Civilians; 208 Killed Overall – April 19th, 2015
- Iraq Force Retake Baiji Refinery; 158 Killed across Country – April 18th, 2015
- Bombers Strike in Baghdad; 479 Killed Across Iraq – April 17th, 2015
- 313 Killed in Iraq as Fighting Increases on Two Fronts – April 16th, 2015
- ISIS Takes Villages in Anbar, as 290 Are Killed Across Iraq – April 15th, 2015