At least 86 Iraqis Killed in Ongoing Violence Triggered by Protests
Wednesday: 86 Killed, 156 Wounded; Dozens More Casualties Uncounted
At least 86 Iraqis were killed and 128 more were wounded in a second day of violence. Dozens more who were killed injured during an aerial attack in Suleiman Bek and clashes in Baiji remain uncounted.
Dozens were injured in aerial bombing of Suleiman Bek, while twenty people were killed during clashes that took place. Another 58 people were wounded. Separately, gunmen attacked a police patrol, killing an officer and three bodyguards; another policeman was wounded.
In Mosul, three gunmen were killed when they tried to attack a checkpoint. A policeman and a doctor were wounded in separate shootings. At least one policeman was killed in a clash. Gunmen killed a soldier.
A car bomb killed three people and wounded seven in Tarmiya.
Twelve security personnel and gunmen were killed in continued clashing over a protest camp in Hawija.
In Baghdad, eight people were killed and 21 more were wounded in a bombing.
Four Sahwa members were killed and a fifth one was wounded in an attack on their checkpoint in Khalis.
In Tikrit, a soldier was killed and two more were wounded in a rocket attack.
At least 22 people were killed Qara Tapa was taken over by insurgents.
Government protesters near Ramadi released two captured soldiers.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Targets Mosul Civilians; 91 Killed Across Iraq – December 3rd, 2016
- 192 Killed in Iraq; Explosion at ISIS Storage Facility Kills Dozens – December 1st, 2016
- 5,719 Killed in Iraq during November – November 30th, 2016
- Army Opens New Front near Hawija; 138 Killed in Iraq – November 29th, 2016
- ISIS Attacks Police in Samarra; 49 Killed in Iraq – November 28th, 2016