At least 86 Iraqis were killed and 128 more were wounded in a second day of violence. Dozens more who were killed injured during an aerial attack in Suleiman Bek and clashes in Baiji remain uncounted.
Dozens were injured in aerial bombing of Suleiman Bek, while twenty people were killed during clashes that took place. Another 58 people were wounded. Separately, gunmen attacked a police patrol, killing an officer and three bodyguards; another policeman was wounded.
In Mosul, three gunmen were killed when they tried to attack a checkpoint. A policeman and a doctor were wounded in separate shootings. At least one policeman was killed in a clash. Gunmen killed a soldier.
A car bomb killed three people and wounded seven in Tarmiya.
Twelve security personnel and gunmen were killed in continued clashing over a protest camp in Hawija.
In Baghdad, eight people were killed and 21 more were wounded in a bombing.
Four Sahwa members were killed and a fifth one was wounded in an attack on their checkpoint in Khalis.
In Tikrit, a soldier was killed and two more were wounded in a rocket attack.
At least 22 people were killed Qara Tapa was taken over by insurgents.
Government protesters near Ramadi released two captured soldiers.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Casualty Figures Raised; 90 Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2017
- Kurds Begin Return Home to Kirkuk; Eight Killed in Iraq – October 17th, 2017
- Kurds Flee as Baghdad Captures Kirkuk; 60 Killed, 133 Wounded – October 16th, 2017
- Iraq Forgets ISIS, Moves Against Kirkuk; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2017
- Shots Fired Between Kurdish Peshmerga and Shi’ite Militia; 50 Killed in Iraq – October 14th, 2017