At least 86 Iraqis Killed in Ongoing Violence Triggered by Protests
Wednesday: 86 Killed, 156 Wounded; Dozens More Casualties Uncounted
At least 86 Iraqis were killed and 128 more were wounded in a second day of violence. Dozens more who were killed injured during an aerial attack in Suleiman Bek and clashes in Baiji remain uncounted.
Dozens were injured in aerial bombing of Suleiman Bek, while twenty people were killed during clashes that took place. Another 58 people were wounded. Separately, gunmen attacked a police patrol, killing an officer and three bodyguards; another policeman was wounded.
In Mosul, three gunmen were killed when they tried to attack a checkpoint. A policeman and a doctor were wounded in separate shootings. At least one policeman was killed in a clash. Gunmen killed a soldier.
A car bomb killed three people and wounded seven in Tarmiya.
Twelve security personnel and gunmen were killed in continued clashing over a protest camp in Hawija.
In Baghdad, eight people were killed and 21 more were wounded in a bombing.
Four Sahwa members were killed and a fifth one was wounded in an attack on their checkpoint in Khalis.
In Tikrit, a soldier was killed and two more were wounded in a rocket attack.
At least 22 people were killed Qara Tapa was taken over by insurgents.
Government protesters near Ramadi released two captured soldiers.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 71 Killed, 86 Wounded Across Iraq As Bombers Hit Baghdad Again – September 19th, 2014
- Bombers Strike near Baghdad Shrine; 195 Killed, 173 Wounded Across Iraq – September 18th, 2014
- 178 Killed, 95 Wounded in Numerous Attacks, Clashes Across Iraq – September 17th, 2014
- Shi’ite Militias Reject PM Ministry Picks; 67 Killed Across Iraq – September 16th, 2014
- As Diplomats Discuss Iraq, 86 Are Killed across Country – September 15th, 2014