A mortar attack in Khalis destroyed part of a Sunni mosque and killed seven people and wounded 14 more.
After prayers, protesters in Hawija clashed with soldiers, leaving one civilian and one soldier dead; six other people were wounded.
Gunmen killed a Sahwa leader in Taji.
In Baghdad, a government employee was shot dead in Amil.
A man was killed as he was handling a bomb near Baquba.
Four people were wounded when a military helicopter crashed near Habaniya Base.
In Falluja, a policeman wounded a civilian during a quarrel.
Mortars damaged a polling station in Mussayab.
A polling station at an elementary school near Tikrit was destroyed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018