A mortar attack in Khalis destroyed part of a Sunni mosque and killed seven people and wounded 14 more.
After prayers, protesters in Hawija clashed with soldiers, leaving one civilian and one soldier dead; six other people were wounded.
Gunmen killed a Sahwa leader in Taji.
In Baghdad, a government employee was shot dead in Amil.
A man was killed as he was handling a bomb near Baquba.
Four people were wounded when a military helicopter crashed near Habaniya Base.
In Falluja, a policeman wounded a civilian during a quarrel.
Mortars damaged a polling station in Mussayab.
A polling station at an elementary school near Tikrit was destroyed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militia Armory Burns and Explodes; 15 Killed in Iraq – August 18th, 2018
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018